Back
  IRON MAIDEN European Tour 2018! Belfast Included

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:35 pm 

Astounding setlist. Fear Of The Dark aside, it's perfect.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 pm 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
Astounding setlist. Fear Of The Dark aside, it's perfect.

Yeah...they should have given FOTD a miss this time around, personally I'm not fussed about it.

If anyone wants a look at the set list here it is...

Check out @IronMaiden’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/IronMaiden/status/1 ... 99329?s=09

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:23 am 

I've given Maiden a miss in recent years as they've been quite boring but that is a class set list.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:33 am 

Here is the set-list and i have to be honest i'm slightly disappointed! For a start nothing off Somewhere in Time???????
And only The Evil That Men Do off of Seventh Son.... so of possibly their best two albums, only one songs makes the cut!!

I know i'm nitpicking but while there are some rare gems in there, in places its a very lazy setlist!

1. Aces High (great opener)

2. Where Eagles Dare (delighted to see this, love this song)

3. 2 Minutes to Midnight (very predictable choice, how about Caught Somewhere in Time, roughly the same length of time!!)

4. The Clansman ( not heard this since Brave New World Tour so happy to hear it again)

5. The Trooper (super lazy and predictable, great song but played to death, The Clairvoyant or Charlotte the Harlot or even Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter, all the same length of time!)

6. Revelations (Happy about this one)

7. For the Greater Good of God ( a right curve ball..... not sure what to make of this!! :shock: )

8. The Wicker Man (Happy about this one)

9. Sign of the Cross (While I like they are acknowledging the Blaze era, is 12 minutes I feel could be better spent {time to get a pint})

10. Flight of Icarus ( this is the real gem in the list :D )

11. Fear of the Dark ( again great live song but very lazy choice, how about Afraid to Shoot Strangers or Wasting Love off the same album? or even Phantom of the Opera)

12. The Number of the Beast ( again another classic and must from Maiden, but would be just as happy with Moonchild or Stranger in a Strange Land or The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner {that is wishful thinking})

13. Iron Maiden ( a classic and a must really)

14. The Evil That Men Do ( love this song so very happy about this)

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name (my favourite Maiden song so never disappointed to see this getting a play :D )

16. Run to the Hills (A great closing song, however again easy and safe, how about a Live After Death version of Running Free where Bruce really works the crowd into a frenzy!!!)

Anyway thats my winge! I suppose having been lucky enough to being seeing Maiden live for the past 20 years, I am just disappointed I'm only going to hear one song that I have never heard before ( Flight of Icarus)

Will still be a fun show and sure I'll be buying one of everything at the Merch stand :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:17 am 

Some may not want to know which is why I posted a link and not the actual set list lol

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:04 am 

Pah! No Alexander the Great.

Anyway, pretty pretty good- will be excellent

Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHFDhupC40

Just what the balls is janick up to? He’s a total liability on stage and although talked about at length on here, totally surplus to requirements.
Take a reddner.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:21 am 

I'm also slightly disappointed to be honest, while it's a great setlist, I was expecting something at least off somewhere in time seeing as the album cover was featured on the tour poster in one of the stained glass windows, flight of icarus will be great to hear, and looking forward to seeing them open with aces high as I missed the somewhere back in time tour in 08 and the maiden England tour in 13.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:04 am 

Never knew why there was ever a need for a third guitarist (Janick) in the band to be honest, it was always Dave and Adrian wasn’t it? Anyhow, a lot of Somewhere in Time seems to get ignored, not sure why. That setlist looks quite predictable (bar a few obviously, WED and Icarus particularly).

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:37 pm 

Going to have to avoid this thread now until the gig. Don't want to be catching any setlist spoilers

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:58 pm 

As a real Iron Maiden fan and someone who was in third row of the show that was one of the best times ive ever seen them out of numerous others.
The set was inventivre. The band were on steroids. The song choices were near perfect.
Only 3 songs from the previous tour remained in the set. (who says they dint change things about?) None off the past two albums, obviously much as I enjoy them good to see the tracks rested.
What really made it was additional theatrics, practically off the scale, intros, ludicrous opening section.
Sure they played a couple of safer tracks but the casual passer by at a Maiden show would complain if they didnt do Run to the hills, and as they havent done it in years you know what, it was great to hear it again.
10/10 high energy, put bands half their age to shame.
Up the irons.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:44 pm 

I suppose this "British" Spitfire and it's markings is going to annoy a certain element in Belfast lol.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:59 pm 

Repeal the ed.

The vote got in by 66.4 percent, two off making my above ‘joke’ hilarious and informed.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:05 pm 

Brox wrote:
I suppose this "British" Spitfire and it's markings is going to annoy a certain element in Belfast lol.

Not as much as your struggle with punctuation, I'll bet.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:58 am 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
Brox wrote:

Not as much as your struggle with punctuation, I'll bet.

Another clever person,well done.
Where would you like your prize delivered to?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 pm 

I can't complain looks class to me.

They milked Seventh Son on the last "hits" tour playing at least half the album, so no surprise it's light on that this time. Hoped for Stranger in a Strange Land meself :? or something else that isn't Wasted Years from SomewhereIT very pleased regardless.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next