Back
  MONSTER MAGNET - Belfast/Dublin - 2/3 June 2018

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:11 am 

The mighty Monster Magnet will make a long awaited return to Ireland for 2 shows next June. See them on the 2nd in Limelight Belfast and in Tivoli Theatre, Dublin on the 3rd. Tickets on sale Wednesday 20th December @ 10am via www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:18 am 

Hope to do both dates.
Monolord for support here ? I see theyve been announced as support on a few of the dates

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am 

Hooray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:43 pm 

Fuck Yeah!! Cheers H!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:59 pm 

Sweetness! When we're they last here?
In the Point with Metallica?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:50 pm 

deg wrote:
Sweetness! When we're they last here?
In the Point with Metallica?

They played the Ambassador in 2004.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 pm 

Another reason to look forward to 2018, this, satyricon, therion, maiden, to name a few, hope santy can fit down the chimney with all these tickets, bring the noise!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:16 pm 

Brilliant news. A visceral live band.

The only time I saw them was at Metallica's Big Day Out at Milton Keynes in 1999 and they blew me away.

I didn't think it would be almost 20 years before I caught them again!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 pm 

I have been a fan for a long time now so maybe I am answering my own question here but is the Tivoli not a bit ambitious for Monster Magnet?

I love them but come to think of it, I don't think any of my mates listen to them or are aware of them at all. I know the older heads would be and I could be underestimating their popularity but I would have thought they would be a Voodoo Lounge band.

Not that I am complaining at all. The Tivoli is a far better venue.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 am 

Nixer wrote:
I have been a fan for a long time now so maybe I am answering my own question here but is the Tivoli not a bit ambitious for Monster Magnet?

I love them but come to think of it, I don't think any of my mates listen to them or are aware of them at all. I know the older heads would be and I could be underestimating their popularity but I would have thought they would be a Voodoo Lounge band.

Tivoli a bit of a stretch I think as well,seen them in the ambassador a few years ago, great gig and decent crowd, but I think their fanbase hasn't swelled too much since then, hope I'm wrong, I'll be there, venue change or not!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 am 

Ticket bought..another bucket list band sorted! Just Fields Of The Nephilim left....make it happen H :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 am 

Nixer wrote:

Get Hawkwind as support: sorted.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am 

justincredible wrote:
Nixer wrote:

Get Hawkwind as support: sorted.

RIP Lenny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:43 pm 

If you take the first name of the singer from Monster Magnet and the last name of the singer from Hawkwind, you get Dave Brock.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:54 pm 

justincredible wrote:
If you take the first name of the singer from Monster Magnet and the last name of the singer from Hawkwind, you get Dave Brock.

Incidentally, that is also the name of the singer who fronted Gwar and died in a really cool fashion.

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next