On sale Friday 23rd Feb @ 10am

DME By Arrangement With Avocado Booking Presents

Ministry
Plus Special Guest
Chelsea Wolfe

Limelight Belfast
23rd July 2018
6pm - 18+
£27.50 inc bkg fee from www.ticketmaster.ie & outlets nationwide - on sale 23rd Feb @ 10am

www.dme-promotions.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 am 

Deadly. Not gone on Ministry but definitely there for Chelsea Wolfe, hopefully she son't have too short a set.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:33 pm 

Sweet, Ministry always deliver, Chelsea wolfe is interesting choice of support.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm 

Sweet, love both groups. Will try and do both nights.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm 

Sweet, love both groups. Will try and do both nights.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:42 pm 

At last finally get to see uncle AL..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm 

Not into Ministry's material post Animositisomina, but they're still solid live so it should be a good gig. Especially with CW supporting.
Ministry's current live band is like they threw a few handfuls of dice down to decide who should be in it though:
Blabbermouth wrote:
The tour's guest lineup will feature vocalist Burton C. Bell (FEAR FACTORY), drummer Joey Jordison (SLIPKNOT) and live scratcher DJ Swamp (BECK, THE CRYSTAL METHOD), who will join longtime bandmembers Sin Quirin and Cesar Soto on guitars, Tony Campos (FEAR FACTORY, STATIC-X, ASESINO, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY) on bass, and keyboardist John Bechdel (KILLING JOKE, FEAR FACTORY).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 pm 

Quote:
Not gone on Ministry but definitely there for Chelsea Wolfe

Same. Ministry are woeful live. Really think they are a studio outfit. Their post retirement material is abysmal too which doesn't help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:38 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Quote:
Not gone on Ministry but definitely there for Chelsea Wolfe

Same. Ministry are woeful live. Really think they are a studio outfit. Their post retirement material is abysmal too which doesn't help.

I totally agree that their newer material doesnt quite cut it but ive seen them about four times and they're always great live.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:41 pm 

I've been quite enjoying the new Ministry tracks. Chelsea Wolfe is bloody great and I would have been at this, would love to see both acts, only I'm on my hols that week. :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:57 pm 

New Ministry is shite and the new single is clearly a weak attempt to stay relevant. He has no idea who or what he's singing about.

Seeing this same tour in April no interest in the support but I have always enjoyed Ministry live. I would love to see them play the Land of Rape and Honey but that's never going to happen :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62hbrejHDJ0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:26 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
I would love to see them play the Land of Rape and Honey but that's never going to happen :(

Do they play anything off their 88-92 output live these days cause that's all I'd bother going for me thinks.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 am 

Got a review promo of the new album. Now whilst it may not be to everyone's tastes, I like it a lot and think it's the best thing they have done since Psalm 69. The tempo of most of the tracks is slowed down considerably and there seem to be a lot more samples. Featuring you know who!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:02 pm 

Ministry's touring line-up is an absolute joke, a bunch of mercenary industrial-metal has-beens. They haven't released a half decent album since Filth Pig either. The last time I saw them live was Wacken 06, and they were class. Dunno how much use they are live these days, but they still have some great material to draw upon. Would be very interested in seeing Chelsea Wolfe though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 pm 

Saw Ministry at last edition of Graspop, I enjoyed them have to say as mentioned they since shook up line up (again) maybe hoping there would be a slight draw for the likes of Jordison? no idea what Burton C Bell is included for but apparently not the first time he toured with them?

How did the Chelsea Wolfe gig not so long ago in Whelans do? May hit this alright...

Page: 1, 2  Next