Back
  MINISTRY + CHELSEA WOLFE - Belfast/Dublin - 23/24 July ‘18

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:30 pm 

huez2000 wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
I would love to see them play the Land of Rape and Honey but that's never going to happen :(

Do they play anything off their 88-92 output live these days cause that's all I'd bother going for me thinks.....

They are always going to play the hits at every show. NWO, Just one fix, thieves and so what. But don't be expecting breathe, burning inside etc.

Team Horse wrote:
Got a review promo of the new album. Now whilst it may not be to everyone's tastes, I like it a lot and think it's the best thing they have done since Psalm 69. The tempo of most of the tracks is slowed down considerably and there seem to be a lot more samples. Featuring you know who!

That's not good slow stuff for me is where Ministry has always failed it's why Filth Pig is crap.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm 

mickO))) wrote:

They are always going to play the hits at every show. NWO, Just one fix, thieves and so what. But don't be expecting breathe, burning inside etc.

Jesus built my hotrod prob their most known song not played in donkeys, Burning Inside thought could be good chance with Burton C Bell in tow? Again what is he doing there? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:44 pm 

Can't imagine them playing Jesus without Gibby Hanes doing vocals which is prob why they rarely play it live, it's not like he tours with them. Filth Pig has it's moments from what I recall, certainly The Fall from that album is probably my favourite post "TLORAH" Ministry tune.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:46 pm 

He probably can't handle the vocals for Jesus Built My Hotrod live nowadays. I have seen them 5 or 6 times now I think and they have never played that at any of the shows.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:21 pm 

I thought their gig in the Mandela Hall in 2012 was awesome, their newer stuff is fairly shite alright but it was as much of an visual assault as an aural one and i was entertained throughout.

Didn't think they did great numbers last as it was over that awkward Belfast July period, see it's a similar time this year!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 am 

Deevolution wrote:
I thought their gig in the Mandela Hall in 2012 was awesome, their newer stuff is fairly shite alright but it was as much of an visual assault as an aural one and i was entertained throughout.

Didn't think they did great numbers last as it was over that awkward Belfast July period, see it's a similar time this year!

Wouldn't underestimate the draw of CW this time round, will defo be a good few there for her alone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:34 pm 

I might have passed on this only for Chelsea Wolfe. Absolutely mesmerising both times I've seen her previously.

Really looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 pm 

I might be a tad early on this one but any idea what time the Dublin date will start at???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm 

CW onstage 7.45 most likely. Will confirm nearer the show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:40 pm 

H wrote:
CW onstage 7.45 most likely. Will confirm nearer the show.

Cheers for that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm 

Thanks H also.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:49 pm 

Tickets on door each night.

Belfast:
Doors 6
Chelsea Wolfe 6.45 - 7.30
Ministry 8 - 9.30/45

Dublin:
Doors 7
Chelsea Wolfe 7.45 - 8.30
Ministry 9 - 10.30/45
(subject to change)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 am 

Well what was Belfast like last night?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:13 am 

It was great to hear So What and Just One Fix again live. Incredibly loud sound but well mixed.
Al seemed healthier than 2012 and moved around a lot. Good band, too.

Al was pretty agitated when one of his inflatable Trump chickens couldn't be brought on to stage fast enough and his mood darkened from there. The poor monitors guy on stage left got dogs' abuse for the remainder of the set. And Al wasn't pleased that he didn't get the audience reaction he wanted for the new material, of which there was far too much. I think the new album is mediocre at best with too many samples but it did at least sound better live.

Chelsea Wolfe was great. Dark, gothy atmosphere with hints of Neurosis, Bats for Lashes and PJ Harvey. I enjoyed the downtuned, doomy riffs mixed with her ethereal utterances, but I can't remember a specific tune as such. Still, a worthy opening act.

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 am 

What was the attendance like? Was there a healthy crowd for Chelsea Wolfe?

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next