Back
  20 years ago on Wednesday..Ozzfest 1998 Milton keynes

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:41 am 

Serious heat that day, got badly sunburned, I recall the mexican wave for sure, everyone throwing up anything to hand especially during Foo Fighters. Got the logistics totally wrong on the day, Milton Keynes is a good 90 mins train from Liverpool Street plus a walk, so gutted to miss Fear Factory. Pantera were my band of the day and redeemed themselves having witnessed a dreadful set in Eindhoven (Phil was totally pissed and stoned) a few weeks earlier. Missed connecting train back, slept in the station. Just remember the trail of dried mud I left in my wake the following morning. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am 

I took the coach that vigin megastore put on. Drive down to Dublin, ferry over, drive through the night (the drivers stopped off somewhere to buy a map and check the route) and arrived in Milton Keynes in the morning ready for the show.

Do remember our driver looked like Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
And some poor fella got left behind in Milton KEynes. Compeltly vanished. Back in the days before mobile phones so no way for his mate to find him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:12 pm 

I remember me and a mate smoking cigarettes mourning the fact that we were too young to go. We were mad into Slayer, Pantera, Fear Factory, Korn etc at the time. Found the Kerrang special when I was home lately. Time flies when you're doing fuck all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 pm 

BobbyTheBuzz wrote:
(Korn kancelled last minute)

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 pm 

RisePantheonDreams wrote:
Serious heat that day, got badly sunburned, I recall the mexican wave for sure, everyone throwing up anything to hand especially during Foo Fighters. Got the logistics totally wrong on the day, Milton Keynes is a good 90 mins train from Liverpool Street plus a walk, so gutted to miss Fear Factory. Pantera were my band of the day and redeemed themselves having witnessed a dreadful set in Eindhoven (Phil was totally pissed and stoned) a few weeks earlier. Missed connecting train back, slept in the station. Just remember the trail of dried mud I left in my wake the following morning. :D

Speaking of mud. Myself and a friend went to this. I had a sister living in London at the time so we were staying at hers. After the gig we got the train back to London. From Euston we were trying to figure out what bus we needed to get. Everyone else that were waiting on buses were making their way home from the London bars & nightclubs. Whist me and my friend were covered in mud. The looks we were getting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:22 pm 

Unbelievable days craic! Great weather, great music& great company. Entombed were brilliant that day. I remember there were two mountains of men throwing people up in the air from a run & boost during their set. Some craic. Possibly the greatest one day line up ever & won't ever be topped!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:20 am 

This was a fucking brilliant day out. My first time seeing Black Sabbath and Slayer. Also my one and only time seeing Pantera

Page: Previous  1, 2