Back
  PHILFEST 2014 27-29th june leitrim

Page: Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:50 pm 

Tezcatlipoca wrote:
I say just let him try it. He's been given sound advice by experienced people and he's not listening, and I'm sure when this fails it'll be somebody else's fault and he'll refer to that when he makes another attempt next year.

Metalireland will most likely be the reason given as to why it didn't take off and his dream was shattered. I think we can already see that this is where this is going.

The website will be used as another, 'Metalireland are filled with wankers' drunken tirade by yet another fuckwit at a bar when they're asked if they post here.

The notion that metalireland will be used as a reason for its certain failure is as rational as the idea of the festival itself. Anyone can look through the threads and see the nonsense he has generated himself. The guy was given genuine advice and results to insults and shame tactics because people have the fucking sense to see through the bullshit. Not only does it not make any mathematical sense given the scale of the event. The guy has 1 failed fest as his only track record... Deserves everything he gets, and I'm being generous in saying that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 pm 

Oh, definitely. That's why we should leave him to it.

He'll still blame everyone and everything else, though. It couldn't possibly be that his idea is bad and unrealistic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:19 pm 

haha you lads really are pathetic! ashamed that ye all are irish. you are giving the rest of us irish metal heads a bad name. bitchy little metal elitist keyboard warriors. have fun sucking on daddys ringpiece :*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:43 pm 

For his own good people/bands should stop entertaining Phil. I've met him and he's a nice and well meaning guy but this is either going to leave him in debt, a mental hospital or both for a few years.
The 1st Philfest was a 5 band gig in a pub lounge attended by the bands and about 20 people, how escalated to 'that went well, I should scale up to 3 stages and 150 bands for the next one' is beyond me .
I mailed him when it was 1st announced with around 30 bands advising him that it was already getting out of hand because I presumed it was some 20 year old kid getting in way over his head and was very surprised to find out he was older than me.
A big outdoor Irish metalfest is something I've personally wanted to do since I 1st started doing gigs 10 years ago but even with the experience and crowd myself and the crews from Carnage/Poison/Hell have I don't think we could even pull one off without getting very lucky and calling in countless favours.Even H with his connections and clout hasn't tried one despite constantly selling out the likes of the Academy and the Button factory. As cool as a 400/500 people piss up in a field with bands would be it's probably not viable with the overheads involved to do things in this country without charging insane ticket prices.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:50 pm 

400-500 people is exactly the amount of people something like this would draw no matter the price, and unless Phil/Fred (seriously lad, change the name to FredFest it's got a much better ring to it) is going to be charging €200 a ticket THE COSTS SIMPLY WILL NOT BE COVERED.

Seriously, unless you plan on running the event without telling the authorities, on a mate's farm with the band's (what few who are stupid enough to be involved) playing on goodwill, the stage made out of pallets, everyone bringing their own booze and some knackers in hi-vis doing security instead of a proper security firm you are going to end up well over 50 grand in debt with this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:47 pm 

matty_the_emo_slayer wrote:
Seriously, unless you plan on running the event without telling the authorities, on a mate's farm with the band's (what few who are stupid enough to be involved) playing on goodwill, the stage made out of pallets, everyone bringing their own booze and some knackers in hi-vis doing security instead of a proper security firm you are going to end up well over 50 grand in debt with this.

Mattyfest already sounds like a more viable option, when does the Fundit campaign start?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:40 pm 

Should be called fuckin eejit fest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:05 pm 

PatheticHorrorInLeitrimFest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 pm 

Quote:
haha you lads really are pathetic! ashamed that ye all are irish. you are giving the rest of us irish metal heads a bad name. bitchy little metal elitist keyboard warriors. have fun sucking on daddys ringpiece :*

:shock:

I think this thread is better than the one in the main forum, between "daddys ringpiece" and phil the man carrying the entire Irish Metal scene to glory his shoulders. :lol:

Empty vessels make the most noise...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:11 pm 

Was trying to book my weekend ticket to this today but couldn't for some reason....

Oh yea it got cancelled! Didn't see that one commin. Whatever will we do now?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:16 pm 

This guy is the gift that keeps on giving!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:06 am 

I was reminded of this classic thread while reading an article this morning on the journal

A Ja Rule-organised festival promised music and models on the beach, instead it turned into chaos
http://jrnl.ie/3366524

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:36 am 

Enjoyed having a read through that again. pure space cadet.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:52 pm 

Theres only 1 Phil and that's Big Phil Mickelson

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:33 am 

NixerForACowboy wrote:
Theres only 1 Phil and that's Big Phil Mickelson

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page: Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7