Back
  PHILFEST 2014 27-29th june leitrim

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:38 am 

Didn't see anything up about this so here's the site link this guys trying to get a decent annual festival that actually has metal at it going and in fairness its badly needed!! check it out http://www.philfest-ireland.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:01 pm 

Very curious to see how this pans out. Hugely ambitious and your man hasn't an extensive background in the area. Certainly nothing close to this magnitude. Hope it works out but if I'm totally honest, I don't think it will. Your man is very annoying on facebook too. A lot of whinging one day, a lot of self back-patting the next.

Still would be great if it became a success.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm 

I'm a bit worried about it myself but you never know its really up to the metalheads of ireland to make it work, ye can hardly go wrong with 50 quid a ticket for 3 days aswell! even if there's not loads of really big bands on the bill still be a great bit of craic and a chance to check out loads of local bands whilst getting pissed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:06 pm 

helmsa wrote:
I'm a bit worried about it myself but you never know its really up to the metalheads of ireland to make it work, ye can hardly go wrong with 50 quid a ticket for 3 days aswell! even if there's not loads of really big bands on the bill still be a great bit of craic and a chance to check out loads of local bands whilst getting pissed

Absolutely dude. €50 for 3 days is great. However, I worry does it seem like a lot to see bands, who with reasonable regularity play venues for free. It's purely pessimism on my part and I do genuinely hope it works. I just think that when you compare it to the Siege which is free, how well it stacks up. When tickets were first announced they were significantly cheaper too. I hope my comments don't put anyone off going. :lol: If your man does get it going it'd be great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:05 am 

Could who ever runs the website not have so many embedded youtube links on the line-up page? Jeeezzz!!!

Festival wise though, looks like it could be good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:14 am 

thats right yeah i think they were 30 quid or so if i remember, he had to put it up to 50 to cover expenses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm 

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:12 pm 

Couldn't find a list anywhere and the site is quite shite.
Here is who were on an older poster. By now there's probably more bands/artists.

Dead Label
Dichotomy
Ilenkus
Syphor
By Conquest Or Consent
Eternal Helcaraxe
Victimised
ZhOra
ForChristSake
Severian
Awaken Dominion
Aeturnum Vale
Atominated
Twisted Autocracy
WOB! (Electronic)
Punch Face Champions
Philharmongrel
Between Horizons
Makings (Alt Rock)
Kill Goliath
Travis Oaks
Redtwelve
Tusks
Black Dice
Negativ Result
Slackers Symphony
Aquatramp
Raphaels
Cartoon Moon
Buzz Monkeys
Lewis Kenny
Willie Treacy
Phil McAndrew
BIOT
The Crow Flies
Between The Lines
Castle Street
The Banzai Pipeline
As The Miller Burns
Ian Thistlethwaite
Graham McClean
Liam Hugh Sharkey
New Valley Wolves
We Town Criers
Lace Weeper
Kerouac
PigsAsPeople
Val Normal
Dem Fools
Protobaby
Two Glass Eyes
My Mind Races
The Stoles
Rachel McCormack
24 Broken Amps
The Shout
Crafty Fuzz
Aggro-Culture
Scylla
Words The Burn
Between Screams
BeltBuckle Overdrive
Syllian Rayle
The Boy In The Attic
Castero
All The Kings Ashes
Marabou
Red Dancers Cometh
No Matter
Candestinos
Kessler Effect
Seventh Sinner
The Basskillers
Cryptomnesia
Dennis Delaney
Culture Vandals
Crossfire
Davina Brady
Wood Lark
Blue Meryl
Raw Dawgs
Jimi Cullen
Ger&Paul
Secrecy Of State
CrowBlackChicken
She's A Beauty
New Secret Weapon
Ka Tet
Mojo GoGo
Abandcalledboy
Race The Flux
Elevation Falls
Empty Lungs
Able Archer
FAT Baby Panda
Run From The Cure
Reverend JM's Panic Worship
Dead Red Light
Xenocide
Corrosive Machine
Chemical Addiction
Snowblind
Theories Divide
Zylum
Live Fast Die
Section 4
Alabaster
Falter Ego
Sins Of The World
Weed Priest
Ray Scully
Tamden Shy
Elipse
The Conns
Ryan Keane
Imbalances
Grinned
Orkka
Bug
Ruth Egn
Rc-Lofi
C.S.P
Runamuk
City Weezie
The Answer
Black Svan
Deadly Circus Fire
Dave mcHugh Band

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:46 pm 

Tboat wrote:
ForChristSake

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:57 am 

That might just be too many bands.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:51 am 

TemplarOfSteel wrote:
That might just be too many bands.

It's either gonna be a success or an atom bomb of a disaster.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm 

I predict a Disaster.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:11 pm 

On the philfest Facebook page

Its with a very sad heart that I have to announce that Philfest 2014 has been cancelled.
Right from the start I’ve been honest and open about the challenges that I faced putting on a Festival of this scale. Never did I think that I would have gotten the line up that I had for the Festival or indeed brought it to the level it was left at.
Due to major issues that have suddenly appeared. We have been left with no option but to cancel. I don't feel it is correct to go into these publicly, but I assure you there was no option.
I'm absolutely crushed here. Not personally, for the people that were looking forward to this so much. I've let so many people down. That's the worst part! It's not about my own personal glory, it's about all you. Which is a killer!
I would first off like to say a massive thank you to all the bands/acts and suppliers that had enough faith in me to agree to play and put their weight behind Philfest. Simply without you there would not have been
A festival in the first place.
Secondly I wish to thank the team that help out during the course of the planning. Too many to mention! Your professionalism was top notch and no doubt I’ll be calling on your services again.
If you bought a ticket please seek a refund from the point of purchase. Details are on their websites and if you have any issues please let me know.
So what is next for Philfest?
Well, Philfest will continue over the weekend of the 28/29 June in Fibber’s, Parnell St, Dublin. 24 bands shall be performing at a charge of €5 per day. I feel it is only fair to those I have let down, and want to give you a great 2 days at a very low cost!
After that I will continue the Philfest sprit, That is to bring live music to venues around Ireland and build on all this.
I will be running this again in 2015. There's not going to be any cancellation next time! I know this can be done! I've already started working on it. We'll be moving to a different location. One that is easier to get to, and everything is to be built on. What went wrong this time will not be allowed to happen next time!
This is not over! Getting so close and this all happening has only made me more determined to make this happen. I will not rest, I will not stop, and I will Never Quit!
We're going to have the festival we have waited so long for. I have now identified all my soldiers. I am building an army. It grows daily, and we will all become one and make this happen. Don't give up on me. This is only beginning!
This battle was not winnable, but I will win the war....
Phil Keaveney.
PhilFest Manager.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:15 pm 

:lol: fuck sake.

I'm not surprised.

The delusion is strong in this one.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:02 pm 

I play in a reggae band from time to time and we were asked to play this ages ago. I was only saying it to one of the other guys in band who accepted the gig a couple weeks back that this had a huge chance of falling on its arse. No disrespect to anybody who had a part in organizing it but I've seen it before : a first time fest of such a scale usually seems to prove too much difficulty to go smoothly, if at all.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next