Back
  PHILFEST 2014 27-29th june leitrim

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:04 am 

I remember playing a gig in Galway in the cellar about three months before Philfest and met 2 people who were involved in organsing it. I told them it looked good but that it would never go ahead. Why they asked. I said yer man is obviously doing waaayyyy too much too soon, told them he should organize a one day, make it two days the year after and so forth, doing a huge three day from the getgo will only lead to much pain.

Start small and build it, if ya don't get that then there's no hope for ya. Also blacklisting metal bands because of some posts on a metal website is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:06 am 

Hang on, this IS a joke right...? Some fella commin on to get a good old wind up Goin and moaning about being a loaner and stuff and he's going to fuck up bands he already pledged to go to the ends of the earth for because someone on the outerWeb didn't agree with him... This is more like a fair city bitchin episode rather than the up and coming endevours of the next wacken ceo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:29 pm 

You still didn't answer my question.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:50 pm 

So how do i get on this line up?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:26 pm 

I openly admit there were many mistakes made. It went too big too fast probably. It failed. I tried. That's all anyone can do!
Naturally I've been very annoyed by all this. I busted my ass for 18 months solid. Worked all through Christmas and never saw anyone as I was so busy! I'm also €10,000 into this now and rising. I done all this for free basically! There's now 3 bookings under way for this year, and 5 in early 2015 underway. Despite all this is going on and not stopping. I have no interest in praise, but for fucks sake I do not deserve this abuse!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 am 

PhilFest wrote:
I busted my ass for 18 months solid. Worked all through Christmas and never saw anyone as I was so busy! I'm also €10,000 into this now and rising. I done all this for free basically!!

I'm sure the Kickstarter fund will more than cover you :arrow:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:44 am 

PhilFest wrote:
I'm also €10,000 into this now and rising

:shock: If this is true, then you need to stop.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:18 pm 

Read this Mr. Philfest http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/onthere ... t-no-fees/

It might change your mind.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:28 pm 

All these 'free', 'bum', 'sponger' fests can only fail.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm 

delete

Last edited by Squigz on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:32 pm 

Forgive them, Phil. For they know not what they do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:27 am 

I've learned a lot about the Irish metal community with this among other stuff. What the fuck have we became? I'm 35 and grew up in tape trading, support etc. We all pulled together!
Now? I'm being told the FundIt campaign will fail. By, well, people that don't have an outdoor event here. Do you all hate yourselves so much?
The FundIt campaign is set to getting an outdoor event going. No overseas acts etc as it's about hopefully getting a home grown alternative event happening like Vantastival, Sunflower Fest or KnockanStockan with heavy music.
You all damn this to failure as fans of this music. You call yourselves fans???

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:37 am 

Re Claire: You're are not listed as a member of the band you claim to represent, so why would you post false information about this band? I have no interest in your answer, as I'm leaving this discussing now. I've made my point overall!
Good luck to all in this conversation and I truly wish you all success in your life. Peace!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:43 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:53 pm 

I would like to announce my disgust at the irish metal community for starting this thread 2 and a half months late. It is surely a potential subject worthy of MI hall of fame.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next