Back
  Netherlands Deathfest II - March 03. - 05. 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:04 pm 

It was good, but nowhere near as good as last year. Guess the bigger line up was just to launch it.
Curious to see what next year brings....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 am 

What a great weekend. Can't compare it to last year but it was very enjoyable. Some great bands. Gorgoroth played a great set loads of old stuff. Hoest was hammered but managed to do a decent job.

The Patronaat is a brilliant venue. For me it is made of black metal or black/death and was the highlight of the weekend. The sound and atmosphere was so different than the other two stages. Friday, Shrine of Insanabilis & Svartidaudi, Horna on Saturday night and Sargeist on Sunday night were superb up there.

There was a great mix of stuff overall and if the line up is as good next year I think I'll have to take it on again.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 pm 

Patronaat was the best venue alright which is strange for the 3rd of the 3 venues! Vastum were pure class in there. Caught an early show in there as well that was fairly sparsely attended and it wasn't so suitable then, nearly felt embarrassed for the band.

2nd stage was where most of my choices played. Wormrot were absolutely unreal, my band of the weekend, place was absolutely hopping, must check out for the video of it again now that they hoped to post up. Oh yeah fuck you Pete Sandoval for starting 30 minutes late, glad I left him for dead to catch all of Wormrot.

Main stage I found it hard to get a feel for, strange atmosphere due to the size. Bloodbath sucked the life out of me, vocals so one dimensional, and disillusioned to see Mr anti-extreme metal singing with them.

Prices of drink and food in the venue is extortionate, may as well move it to the temple bar next year!

Great to meet up with other MI users from all around the place, surprised at how many people I knew there in the end after deciding feck it I'll go on me own, line up was too good.

Hoping for another deadly line up In 2018, some bands from Azjerbijan wouldn't go astray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 pm 

Just seen a drum cam of Wormrot's full set up on youtube, class, drummer well psyched for the show!

Page: Previous  1, 2