Back
  Lords Of The Land (Glasgow) April 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:07 pm 

Haha, I put it up especially for you. I thought you saw through it immediately. So glad now. So glad :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:55 pm 

Memoriam also added.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:01 pm 

Venom Inc added.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:37 pm 

Who's heading to this? I'm just doing the Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 pm 

A load from Belfast heading over.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:41 am 

Autopsy absolutely owned all at this. So great to see them,and even if they were a little sloppy in one or two places (I reckon Eric Cutler might have had a smoke too many)they still managed to get away with it. Absolutely riotous set, straight in, heads down, pure energy, total heft. Masters.

Enjoyed the Mayhem and Primordial sets more than I expected to as I'm not a fan of the former and kind of burned out on the latter. Primordial and Autopsy might have had the best sound of the night actually - because the one major complaint to be made is that the sound over all was ATROCIOUS. Memoriam in particular got the shit end of the stick - all drums, barely audible guitar, things were being turned up and down during their set.You could see throughout that bands were having difficulties with the sound on-stage too, and while I missed Venom I heard there was some sort of onstage row because of it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:01 pm 

Venom ruled the day - closely followed by Autopsy, Mayhem and Primordial. Memoriam sound was awful. A head blew during the venom set and no one made any effort to do anything about it until Mantas kicked off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:34 pm 

Autopsy were imense. Marduk and Primordial were savage. Rotten sound gave it socks despite the terrible sound. Was a very messy day. Missed mayhem and venom. Memorium were not very good. Highlight of the evening was asking Chris Reifert how John Hand was keeping. Beer in the venue was muck. All in all a good weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:55 pm 

Ed Somers wrote:
. Highlight of the evening was asking Chris Reifert how John Hand was keeping. Beer in the venue was muck. All in all a good weekend.

:lol: :lol: and what did he say?

Also yeah, the beer..fucking hell. Urrgh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
Ed Somers wrote:
. Highlight of the evening was asking Chris Reifert how John Hand was keeping. Beer in the venue was muck. All in all a good weekend.

:lol: :lol: and what did he say?

Also yeah, the beer..fucking hell. Urrgh.

He was roaring with laughter and then called me an asshole!!! Cool guy, really chilled out. They were amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:25 am 

Had a blast at this. Caught all of the bands other than Acid Reign. Agree about the sound - it was poor for most of the bands. Highlights for me were Autopsy, Primordial and Memoriam (despite their sound issues). I'd seen Venom Inc before and was disappointed with them on Saturday - that said no matter how well they play I suppose I always will prefer Cronos singing the classics.

Page: Previous  1, 2