Overkill
Dillinger Escape Plan
Wintersun
Aversions Crown
Power Trip
King Parrot
The Number 12 Looks Like You
Helheim

Master's Hammer,Opeth, DTP and Emperor are in larger font on the website which usually means prime slot on different days.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:35 pm 

Was going to head to Bloodstock but this looks much better and half the price, how easy is it to get to?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:21 pm 

It's in Jaromer (pronounced Yar-o-mesh iirc) bout 2 hours train ride from Prague and Ryanair + Aerlingus both fly there.

At Prague main train station on the Wed follow the heads in black t-shirts big boots and chains etc to the kiosks where they'll be getting the required ticket for the train. Job done. Once at Jaromer station tis walkable but a taxi cheap anyway.

No harm stopping in Prague for a night or 2 on way over or back solid city IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:57 pm 

Megalodon wrote:
It's in Jaromer (pronounced Yar-o-mesh iirc) bout 2 hours train ride from Prague and Ryanair + Aerlingus both fly there.

At Prague main train station on the Wed follow the heads in black t-shirts big boots and chains etc to the kiosks where they'll be getting the required ticket for the train. Job done. Once at Jaromer station tis walkable but a taxi cheap anyway.

No harm stopping in Prague for a night or 2 on way over or back solid city IMO.

Is this festival a similar set up to Wacken or is there B&B Hotels near by ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 pm 

Blizzard Beast wrote:
Is this festival a similar set up to Wacken or is there B&B Hotels near by ?

I haven't been to Wacken just yet...but the festival is in a fortress just off a very small town (which I believe Wacken is) which in turn obvs isn't awash with hotels.

There are hotel options that wouldn't break the bank but they'd be 20km away with shuttle transfers.

Regular camping is a complete rogue job or there is VIP camp with round the clock security.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:29 pm 

Camping is out.
Im too old for it and I like my comforts and a decent kip :D

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:11 am 

Flights for this are a lot more than I expected. Is the festival itself cheap?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:50 pm 

TemplarOfSteel wrote:
Flights for this are a lot more than I expected. Is the festival itself cheap?

They changed the beer sponsor for this year but last year it was the equivalent of 1 euro a beer in the arena :D

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:25 pm 

coming from cork to this festival, any other lads from ireland going?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:42 pm 

Flying to Wrocław might work too also to Prague via a UK airport might possibly be cheaper than directly from Ireland. It looks interesting alright apparently there is also an ambient stage in a vault with Rapoon and Troum playing this year

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:36 pm 

Will be heading from Germany as I'm doing Wacken will no doubt head to BA via Prague all the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:33 pm 

Elend wrote:
coming from cork to this festival, any other lads from ireland going?

Just booked my ticket today, flying out with Aer Lingus Monday to Monday...

From Cork also!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:58 pm 

Only booked flights and got tickets for this the other day. All the hotel/hostel rooms in Hradec Kravlove are gone already. Trying to source a suitable airbnb but not having a whole lot of luck with that.

Anyone got any suggestions where to stay? Camping is the utter last option for me. My decrepit old bones can't hack that....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:23 pm 

LordCrumb wrote:
Anyone got any suggestions where to stay? Camping is the utter last option for me. My decrepit old bones can't hack that....

Camping for me but [Pension u Svateho Jana] on booking seems to be near to Hradec Kravlove , taxis don't cost a lot over there but not sure how much a 20k Journey, shuttles go to centre of Hradec though so it may be a case of figuring how to get from there to the hotel?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:07 pm 

Megalodon wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:

Camping for me but [Pension u Svateho Jana] on booking seems to be near to Hradec Kravlove , taxis don't cost a lot over there but not sure how much a 20k Journey, shuttles go to centre of Hradec though so it may be a case of figuring how to get from there to the hotel?

Just went with camping in the end.
I did see a few places near Hradec Kravlove but like you said the logistics of getting to the shuttle buses put me off. Wouldn't like to be crawling around the sticks of europe mashed out of it looking for lifts at 2am!!

I'm sure I'll survive a few days sleeping on the ground. Probably be too drunk to care anyway

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next