Back
  Brutal Assault 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 pm 

Running order is up, may have to cut Swans a little short to go to Emperor...

https://brutalassault.cz/en/running-order/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 pm 

Parzival_Lamby wrote:
Running order is up, may have to cut Swans a little short to go to Emperor...

Looks like they due to end as Emperor start alright, n takes at least 5 mins to get from there to there.

Seems they are close on finding a replacement for Morbid Angel and they hope to announce Thursday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 pm 

Carcass added.

Now apparently looking for Walls of Jericho replacement after their replacement drummer injured foot.

Oathbreaker have moved stage which suits me, Swans no longer at Metal Gate stage either,play a good bit before Emperor now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:51 pm 

Seen that all right, but now Swans are clashing with Samael, which is a bummer for me... Swans are amazing live but Ive never seen Samael live so might have to pick one or try and split some time at each....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:13 pm 

Just seen that Tiamat are performing the Wildhoney album in full..... Savage!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:04 pm 

Great time was had at this again

Oathbreaker caught most of them fuckin' intense yer wan is something possessed altogether, wanna see again for sure.

DTP,Opeth,Rotting Christ,Havok delivered too, saw many others nothing that truly disappointed tbh, not too sure bout next year but would always be up for a return...1 euro beers!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:59 pm 

Best organisation I've ever seen at a festival. Passport and real money in lockers by the entrance along with phone charger and place to charge. With wristbands to pay for everything, never worried about losing anything.
Thoroughly enjoyed the cinema, which should be at every festival! Great for when ya want a breather.... and watching Army of Darkness with a bunch of like minded people was brilliant!

Band highlights for me were Igorrr, Electric Wizard, Emperor and Devin Townsend....

And how disappointing were Tiamat playing Wildhoney album? The singer was langers or worse! Terrible performance.

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:35 pm 

How were Master's Hammer?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:02 pm 

Couldnt make it in the end cos i got married this summer so funds were low. I heard there was a tornado, and storm warnings. Any problems??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:33 pm 

Yeah there were brief but severe thunderstorms everything was pushed back a half hour due to them Sacred Reich had just played their opening track and had to depart...I bolted for temporary shelter to a nearby Toi Toi :lol:

Made way back to camp as didn't know how long it would persist, Some tents not put up properly or just cheap were annihilated, Sacred Reich got to complete their set I headed back to main arena when I heard them come on.

Didn't catch Tiamat but a friend did gave a similar view not good, Master's hammer not familiar with their music but coming back from metalgate stage caught last song seemed pretty good, as they're Czech a lot of the audience were well behind them.

Batushka actually forgot to mention them interesting when they first came on boring after a song or 3 know they played here recently to decent reviews but well lost on me I have to say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:11 pm 

class festival. Really was the full gamut of weather and wasn't prepared for it at all. Was freezing some of the nights cause of no sleeping bag and had to crawl out of the tent at 8am most mornings because it was too warm.

Highlights for me were Gorguts, Decapitated, Emperor, Wolves in the Throne Room, Ulcerate, Dillinger, Nile.

You couldn't spend your money at it things are so cheap. 2 euro was the fancy beer. 3.80 for smokes. Ridiculous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:42 pm 

Had no sleeping bag either, made the last night really tough... Absolutely freezing... like a different season every day all right... Very cheap fest all right should have bought more merch... would defo consider doing it again, great fest..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:27 pm 

Is it a difficult festival to get to? Do you have to fly a day early due to the flight from Dublin to Prague being a late one?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 pm 

N0-Remorse wrote:
Is it a difficult festival to get to? Do you have to fly a day early due to the flight from Dublin to Prague being a late one?

I flew Aer Lingus to Prague the day before (cause it was my birthday) but it was an early flight, arrived about 3 I think... then booked a RegioJet bus from Prague to Jaromer...
Regiojet is like the best bus service in all of Europe, have used them to go to many cities around that part of Europe, Budapest etc....
Was 5 euro single ticket and they have free coffee served throughout journey and movie screens and headphones to watch movies... I watched Deadpool on it..
Now if only Bus Eireann were a quarter as good! :lol:

So all in all a very easy fest to get too!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:46 pm 

N0-Remorse wrote:

I did slightly differently but just as easy maybe not as comfortable,

Prob best fly to Prague the night before tbh, airport is maybe 40ish mins out from city. At the main train station get a ticket to Jaromer which has a stop but Hradec Králové the likely train you'd get it's a stop from there head for the platform when it's listed likely be heads wearing band shirts and what not heading the required direction anyway, journey just under 2 hours grab a cheap taxi to drop you 4 mins up the road and away ya go.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next