Back
  Desertfest Berlin - April 28th - 30th, 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:19 am 

Just added.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:48 am 

Ecstatic Vision on the Sunday should be worth checking out. Great tunes and fantastic live.

https://youtu.be/ySK1tdCY-Vg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 pm 

Stoned Jesus have cancelling all their upcoming dates...including Desertfest Berlin & London

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 pm 

I've been the last two years and it's a great setup, previous years there would only be one band playing so no clashes, this year there's two other stages and they've extended the area of the venue.

Shit about Farflung canceling.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:15 am 

Got back Tuesday night.

I have to say I had a blast. Sleep, obviously, were the highlight for me but there were some great bands over the 3 days.

Lowrider
Suma
1000Mods
Yuri Gagarin
Tuber
Toundra
Closet Disco Queen
Duel

It's a pretty cool set up but there were some gripes too.

The band before Sleep played in the foyer of the main venue. When they opened the door for the headliner it was after Suma had finished there was a serious crush. People were falling and getting trampled on. I tried to pick one lad up but the sheer mass of the crowd shifted me forward. At 6'2" and 18 stone - I'm not a small fella but I did find myself getting a bit panicky in that moment.

Also when did shoving people out of your way to get past them rather than a tap on the shoulder and a point in the direction you wanted to go become the norm?

Finally, the smoking indoors really got to me - both weed and cigarettes. As an ex-cigarette smoker (never was a fan of the Jamaican Woodbine) who smoked/worked through the era when you could spark up indoors it might sound a little pious but it was pretty hard going.

With that out of the way - I have to say that the rest of the festival was a blast. The sound was nearly always good, the timetable was pretty much spot on, the food was delicious and most people seemed to be there for the craic and not to cause hassle.

I met one German lad who must have been about 55 with his missus. Covered in Sleep and Sabbath tats, the pair of them.

"Ve say thet ve haff to sit next to you vor a moment because ve notice ze Rory Gallagher pin on your hoodie."

"Oh. Nice one. Do you like..."

"Rory Gallagher! RORY GALLAGHER!!!"

"Right..."

Then he proceeds to sing "Messin' With The Kid" including the guitar solo... "Waaah waaaah waaaah waaaaaaah!"

Good times.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:35 pm 

:lol:

I'd love to make it to this one day, sounds like a cool fest. I'd be mad annoyed if Farflung cancelled on me though.

Page: Previous  1, 2