Back
  Download 2017

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:43 pm 

Anyone else heading to this?When I moved to England I said I would go and bought tickets on presale. Very underwhelmed by the lineup so far. So far only looking forward to system, slayer, mastodon and exodus. Anyone recommend any of the other acts that are playing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:04 pm 

thebronze14 wrote:
Anyone else heading to this?When I moved to England I said I would go and bought tickets on presale. Very underwhelmed by the lineup so far. So far only looking forward to system, slayer, mastodon and exodus. Anyone recommend any of the other acts that are playing?

Aerosmith? Nearly 100 beans to see them on their own anyway :wink:

Looking at the poster Rob Zombie,Ministry,Clutch,Red Fang,Airbourne ya appear to like thrash so Lost Society.

Those tent stages at Download (where they have Exodus) though are absolutely rubbish for a festival its size.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:09 pm 

Megalodon wrote:
thebronze14 wrote:

Aerosmith? Nearly 100 beans to see them on their own anyway :wink:

Looking at the poster Rob Zombie,Ministry,Clutch,Red Fang,Airbourne ya appear to like thrash so Lost Society.

Those tent stages at Download (where they have Exodus) though are absolutely rubbish for a festival its size.

Cheers man...will do some homework on them then so!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm 

Just looked at the line-up (loads were added yesterda), looks pretty good to me, would say this will be my first Download one this yr :D

btw noticed there is a Download one in France too at the exact same weekend? Not stressful at all for bands to play one day in France, the next in the UK :lol: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:47 pm 

There was a download Ireland back in 2006 but that was a much smaller scale thing and apparently lost money (which I thought odd as both the firday and sunday in the RDS seemed full)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:36 pm 

Guns N Roses and Metallica were the 2 headliners.
Highlights of the weekend were Therapy? In the tent. Sebastian Bach joining Axls GNR for My Michelle and Alice in Chains on the main stage supporting Metallica. Jerry Cantrell also joined Metallica to do vocals with James on Nothing Else Matters.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:49 pm 

Yeah that's right good auld time went to the Metallica day...Master of Puppets in full 8) . Avenged Sevenfold were also on mainstage, Korn were meant to play but pulled out on the day, Stone Sour played in the tent but clashed with AIC so had to miss them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:48 am 

There was no clash between those two bands, I distinctly remember getting to see both bands play full sets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 pm 

Was adamant thats why I missed them, not the case then oh well still missed them, don't think think they've been back in Ireland since.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:55 am 

Two weeks today :D Not the best lineup but enough to keep me entertained over the weekend, particularly the Friday and Sunday

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:32 pm 

Lineup looked piss poor. How was it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:30 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Lineup looked piss poor. How was it?

Really good but I'm suffering from it now! Slayer, Prophets of Rage, the Caveleras being the highlights for me. I had never listened to Steel Panther before, they were very funny tbf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:15 pm 

Am I to believe it didn't rain?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 pm 

A few bits of drizzle. Yesterday was a cracker..Resemble a lobster more than a human at this stage!