Back
  Netherlands Deathfest 2018

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:49 pm 

dawals wrote:
Snare wrote:
I see they're moving the 2019 edition to May!!

Who were the 7 bands that couldn't make it in the end?

Yep, bank holiday weekend. That was decided before this weekend though. Mixed feelings on it as it's very close to MDF.

The 7 bands were Auroch, Rites of Thy Degringolade, Vallenfyre, Root, The Afternoon Gentlemen, Leng Tche and Sadistic Intent.

Great fest and craic. Caught a lot of bands. The standouts for me were:
Friday - Aura Noir, Carcass, The Ominous Circle and Profanatica
Saturday - Nunslaughter, Evoken and Esoteric
Sunday - Altarage, Mournful Congregation, Cauldron Black Ram and Mortuary Drape.

Your standouts were the top of my list of to see bands. :( :(

I'd say there's not a room in Tilburg for that weekend now

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:06 pm 

Cool festival. Suffocation were hanging out in the smoking area for half the weekend :lol: Terrance Hobbs was a good laugh and very approachable. The drummer Eric Morotti too.
Was a miracle we got there. Our flight sat on the Dublin runway for 3 hours nearly last Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 pm 

Sounds like good craic.
LordCrumb wrote:
Cool festival. Suffocation were hanging out in the smoking area for half the weekend :lol: Terrance Hobbs was a good laugh and very approachable. The drummer Eric Morotti too.
Was a miracle we got there. Our flight sat on the Dublin runway for 3 hours nearly last Thursday.

Good to hear that some people made it. Was that the Eindhoven flight on Thursday not that it makes much difference just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:57 pm 

damienk666 wrote:

Good to hear that some people made it. Was that the Eindhoven flight on Thursday not that it makes much difference just curious.

It was indeed. I drove over to the airport at 20 miles an hour so didn't really expect to get going at all. Just the luck of the draw.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 pm 

My flight was delayed about 4 and a half hours on Sat but I didn't really care if I was going or not cause I didn't have accom or a ticket. Missed Esoteric and Evoken, saw Emperor and it was worth it. Moved my flight home til Monday, only saw the drape on Sunday but got wrecked and had a blast.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 pm 

Certainly seemed to be the luck of the draw. Our flight was cancelled for Thursday & my thinking was to book 6.30 on the Saturday morning with the view that we would get out at some stage...flight straight out cancelled and that was the end of the affair...If we had got there for Emperor that would have been treated as a success...ah well

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5