Back
  North of the Wall 2018, Glasgow

Page: 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:43 pm 

"NORTH OF THE WALL FESTIVAL RETURNS!!

The festival based in Glasgow returns for it's 2018 edition after a hugely successful 2017 edition. The last two editions of the festival have both sold out, so 2018 calls for a bigger venue: The Garage. The festival will utilise the main stage and the second stage called G2.

Friday 27th April 2018 & Saturday 28th April 2018
Venue: The Garage, Glasgow
Tickets: info coming soon
Strictly 18+

Acts:

ABYSSAL (UK)
CULT OF FIRE (CZ)
DARKENED NOCTURN SLAUGHTERCULT (DE)
DARVAZA (IT/NO)
DEAD CONGREGATION (GR)
DOOL (NL)
DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT (UK)
FIDES INVERSA (IT)
HOODED MENACE (FI)
JESS AND THE ANCIENT ONES (FI)
LVCIFYRE (UK)
MALTHUSIAN (IRE)
OUR SURVIVAL DEPENDS ON US (AUT)
ZHRINE (ICE)

The second batch of bands will be announced on 24th October along with a very special pre-show so watch out for that featuring a world-wide debut."

Quite enjoyed this year's edition but even this first line-up announcement has next year bettering this year for me already! Deadly selection of bands and plenty more to go

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:14 pm 

new additions:

BOLZER
THE RUINS OF BEVERAST
SPECTRAL APPARITION

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:07 am 

Tickets, hotel & flights sorted for this. Must get ticket for the Thursday party

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 pm 

Heading over the Friday morning.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm 

Tickets and hotel got, can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:04 pm 

Gonna be class!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:55 pm 

any reports of when the day splits are up? Would almost certainly head up if Bolzer and Cult of Fire are on the same day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:33 pm 

Loki wrote:
any reports of when the day splits are up? Would almost certainly head up if Bolzer and Cult of Fire are on the same day.

They're both on Friday it seems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:00 am 

Very much looking forward to this. I'm keen to see how Spectral Apparition and Abyssal present themselves, particularly the former, not to mention catching the sets of the usual suspects as well. Glasgow has been a city I have enjoyed the couple of times I have been over, so looking forward to buzzing back up to the cathedral and necropolis as well as revisiting a really nice little restaurant myself and the missus stumbled upon on our first visit and went back to last year called Riverhill (I think). Metal, beer, food and Jaysus. What more could you want!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:45 am 

Day passes up now. Bolzer, Ruins of Beverast and Cult of Fire all on the Friday - fantastic.

Anyone here going giz a buzz, will catch yis for a pint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:58 pm 

Been dusting off some old stuff we haven't played in years and tightening the screws on a couple of the songs from the album in preparation for this. Such a deadly festival and a really savage lineup. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:45 am 

Really can't wait, it's going to be amazing.

The line up, as mentioned, is unreal.

The only negative I have is that there's really no time between bands on the stages. G2 is downstairs, I think.

Running order is out now too:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:57 pm 

Do me proud on that dance floor Cunningham.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:30 pm 

pretty buzzing for it. Im on the silly early Friday flight that gets in at 8.15am ha, so should have plenty of time to explore Glasgow this time around.

Great to hear new Malty stuff will be aired. Few unknowns on the lineup; Dool, Darvaza, Fides Inversa, Darkened Nocturn... any of them any use? or are they smoking room bands

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 pm 

Darvaza are a personal favourite and part of the reason I'm going. Norwegian black metal from the guy in One Tail, One Head, Mare, and Behexen; and The other guy is Italian and plays with about a thousand bands including Fides Inversa.
Last time I saw them their live show was lethal, and had a fantstic atmosphere. I highly recommend them.

Dool are like a hard rock/doom, and after Jess and the Ancient Ones, the only other really 'non-metal' if you like (though they sound nothing alike). I saw them in Eindhoven and they were impressive. I probabbly wouldn't bother seeing them again but my girlfriend is a big fan, so I'll watch and i'm sure I'll be entertained again.

Darkenened... are black metal from Germany with a woman on vocals if that matters. There's nothing particularly bad about them, but with the calibre of bands on the lineup, they're defintely one I'll be using for a smoke break.

Page: 1, 2  Next