Back
  North of the Wall 2018, Glasgow

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 am 

some craic lads. definitely didn't miss my early flight home...

review to follow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 pm 

Cracking festival. Shook this morning though

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 am 

Great set up and great craic..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:27 am 

Deadly weekend and a good setup but my only complaint was the lack of changeover time between bands with many overlaps. I thought Bölzer, Lucifyre and Dead Congregation were savage and I only caught the end of Jess & The Ancient Ones and was very impressed.

Our set went as well as we could have hoped. The room was full and we played a tight set. It seemed to have gone down well with the crowd and we all felt we needed to redeem ourselves after a lax year last year with only a small handful of gigs, half of which were mediocre to downright atrocious. I think we managed that.

Still fucking wrecked but on the plus side, at least I didn't sleep in a stairwell.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:40 am 

Savage weekend, the Thursday night gigs were great too. Also, haggis & black pudding pizza is amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:44 am 

Haha, that stairwell was a hell of a lot better then outside...

Highlights for me were Dead Congregation, Bolzer, Malthusian, Abbysal and Lvcifyre. But to be honest everyone was deadly.

And fair play to cheap booze.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:59 pm 

defo enjoyed it way more this year than last year. Need to get to some more fests. The setup is much improved and the Nice N Sleazy is a cool spot! Fav sets of the weekend were Dead Cong, Malthusian, The Ruins of Beverast, Bolzer and Zhrine. Spectral Apparition and Lvcifyre were really good too. Wasn't massive on Abyssal's set but it was pretty solid for a first live outing.

The overlap is a weird one alright, why not just have 10 or even 5 minutes between slots? Missed the start of a couple bands because of it. Zhrine were already playing on Saturday when they were only just after opening the doors of the Garage.

still excavating my head out of my arse

Page: Previous  1, 2