Back
  Graspop Metal Meeting 2018

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:35 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Ticket booked early doors. Now just need the rest of the gang to do likewise :)

I'm in the same boat myself...Last year the cunts didn't do it till the week before for Download!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:25 pm 

Flights booked anyway. Dublin-Amsterdam on the Wednesday. Will make my way down to Eindhoven and spend the night there. Plan is to be on the 1st bus to the campsite on Thursday morn. Bands don't start until 16:00 on Thursday anyway so hoping to be sorted by then if the gods of queues, weather and token vending machines are smiling on us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:14 pm 

Booked to fly to Eindhoven the Wed meself, few yoyos off there with the Ryanair Black Friday thingy suckering me in.

Intend to get out there at an early hour too may even spring for a pre-pitched tent. I'd imagine GnR are doing the same set-length as they have been for the duration of this tour so I'd expect them to do 9-12 or something like that.

Also to whom it may concern regarding if travelling within Belgium on the GMM site you can book now train tickets from any Belgium station to MOL for €10 return, not too shabby tbf even if it used be free once upon a time :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:51 pm 

Just booked flights there...wed to monday...88 quid from manchester including baggage. Will stay somewhere cheap in Eindhoven on the wed and make my way down then

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 am 

thebronze14 wrote:
Just booked flights there...wed to monday...88 quid from manchester including baggage. Will stay somewhere cheap in Eindhoven on the wed and make my way down then

If you're looking for an ok hotel, we normally crash in the Sandton on Stratumsedijk. Decent place, ok prices, close to the bars/cafes and only a short walk to train station (and on the right side of the station for the GMM bus). Will prob look at this place again this year for GMM and also for Dynamo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:14 am 

I stayed in a place called Crown Inn few years back although not for GMM, main train station nearby also.

So what's reckoned on last headliner? Nightwish stated festival schedule is complete so they can be ruled out. Kiss are ruled out also as Gene is gobbling cash elsewhere. Dreaming of NIN but know it's not gonna happen...hope it's not feckin' Volbeat :lol:

Marilyn Manson looks as if they're obviously gonna be chucked on, playing Eindhoven tonight in fact and a Graspop sized hole in dates listed next year; an addition all the same but I hope aren't given headline status.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:15 am 

Thought the headliners were gonna be ozzy, G and R, Maiden and Avenged Sevenfold

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:25 am 

Would have thought that if it was someone already announced, they'd have announced that they were headlining so unless they promote someone, I reckon it'll be a new name. Could be an issue with existing tour dates and they can't announce them yet for fear of impacting attendances at those shows.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:45 pm 

I'd be happy to see Priest headline the Saturday.Seems obvious choice to me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:36 pm 

Red Centurion wrote:
I'd be happy to see Priest headline the Saturday.Seems obvious choice to me

Happily take that meself...but they down for the Ozzy day (In case he pulls out again?! 8) )

Avenged and Priest you'd have to think are MS2 heads and would get around 90 mins anyhow. Parkway drive in late night slot would be whopper.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 am 

Megalodon wrote:
Happily take that meself...but they down for the Ozzy day (In case he pulls out again?! 8) )

That was a killer set from Priest that year and ended up being around 2.5 hours if I remember correctly. Would happily take that again rather than watching Ozzy mumble and stumble around for 90 mins.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 am 

Does Ozzy still have Gus G on guitar these days or is Zack back in?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:03 am 

prof. wedgie wrote:
Does Ozzy still have Gus G on guitar these days or is Zack back in?

Zakk is back with him so I'm expecting BLS to be announced as well at some stage.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:35 pm 

Ah that's a shame, never saw Ozzy with Gus and much prefer him as a guitarist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 pm 

prof. wedgie wrote:
Ah that's a shame, never saw Ozzy with Gus and much prefer him as a guitarist

Gus was with him the last time I saw Ozzy and didn't do much for me. Suppose it's difficult to put your own mark on the back catalog of so many others. Would prefer Zakk personally so pretty happy with that as long as Oz puts a decent shift in.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next