Back
  Graspop Metal Meeting 2018

Page: Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:06 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
2 campsite entrances this year which ought to make things easier.

So close now I can almost hear the "Timmay" tossers in the campsite.

I dunno how you still do it Spud, Metal Park is a fucking Godsend. Actual bed and no queue for a shower, third time for me there this year. Only downside I suppose is a 40 minute bus journey to the fest but it's well handy for a real sleep and it's cheap too

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am 

Quote:
So close now I can almost hear the "Timmay" tossers in the campsite.

I love those Timmay screams I'm actually looking forward to them :lol:

Major fizzy balls for Guns n Roses on Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 am 

Metalhead Fred wrote:
I love those Timmay screams I'm actually looking forward to them :lol:

At 4 or 5 in the morning? Give me a break...

The only thing worse was when Holland were in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and everyone had those vuvuzelas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:33 pm 

Eindhoven is some city lads!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 pm 

bogmetaller wrote:
Eindhoven is some city lads!!!!

We're in The Jack if anyone is around. Playing pool with 2 of the GnR crew.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 am 

Anyone on the bus to graspop now by any chance?? Load of Irish lads here surely theres a metal Irelander here???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am 

bogmetaller wrote:
Anyone on the bus to graspop now by any chance?? Load of Irish lads here surely theres a metal Irelander here???

Just saw this now. We were on it. Was sitting near the jacks with a red haired lad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am 

Got back last night.

Pros - GnR, Ghost, Priest (and specifically Halford's voice), Glenn Tipton making an appearance for the encore, Bodycount, Bloodbath, Zeal & Ardor, Batushka, frites stoofvlees.

Cons - Ozzy's voice taking a nosedive mid-set (again), missing pretty much all of Iron Maiden for messy drunk reasons, Hollywood Vampires (cannot stress how pointless they were), the thought of Fred Durst hopping around still doing his fake rapper spiel at the age of 50, showering at 7am to avoid queues.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:37 pm 

Great weekend but still in recovery mode now!Some drinking done. Really enjoyed GnR despite not being a big fan, Body Count, Megadeth, Septicflesh who he just happened upon but enjoyed! Would defo be back. Spent some money though!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:20 pm 

thebronze14 wrote:
Great weekend but still in recovery mode now!Some drinking done. Really enjoyed GnR despite not being a big fan, Body Count, Megadeth, Septicflesh who he just happened upon but enjoyed! Would defo be back. Spent some money though!

Anyone here go see Vader? Immense stuff!! Thought Kreator were atrocious - worst setlist I've ever seen them put out! Exodus were good but I've seen them better! Still rattled from it all and the bank account is non existent right now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:40 pm 

bogmetaller wrote:
thebronze14 wrote:

Anyone here go see Vader? Immense stuff!! Thought Kreator were atrocious - worst setlist I've ever seen them put out! Exodus were good but I've seen them better! Still rattled from it all and the bank account is non existent right now

Only seen a bit of Kreator from them and wasn't overly impressed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:15 am 

Ended up waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the campsite (past the last shower/toilet block) despite arriving at around 2pm on Thursday. That meant treks back for campsite drinks or dropping merch to the tent made us lazy and we ended up missing a few bands as a result.

I see it's back to a 3 day event next year. We've already decided that if we're going at all, it'll be in a camper van.

p.s. Body Count set is up online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kDNS7JAV8Y

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:30 pm 

I'm still in recovery :oops:

Immense weekend was had, ya it was a shaky start thought they'd have the house in order given the festival was beginning proper on the Thursday not sure what happened with the other entrance but I opted for the main we also arrived at 2, could see through the clearing queue not out that bad however when going through trees area loads of people just stopped drinking cans luggage clogging up the place just ploughed past and into queue I would imagine first time goers may have been confused by that congregation.

Took us a frustrating hour to get wristbands sorted but read 3-4 hours for some online so maybe were lucky we didn't come earlier. On arrival in campsite it was 95% full got em up and headed in just in time for the very start of Doro.

Black Stone Cherry were reliable as ever, Iced Earth was pretty bad not keen on Stu and sound done them no favors. Jon Davis was odd varied from good to not great perhaps something more suited to the Marquee and not that high up on the main stage. Ghost made the most of the short set enjoyed it but during the night would have something pity they weren't scheduled after Guns. Guns show I really got into, first 6 songs suffered sound issues where we were but had seen those exact same one at Slane so no real worries when it picked up here it was better overall for me. Yes 3.5 hours might be slightly overkill but I'm at a festival I'm in no rush to be anywhere I'm watching the full thing and going to have a beers and soak it up this was made all the better for last hour or so with clear run at half litre bar :lol:

Kreator weren't at their best no left after Phobia, Hollywood Vamps aren't pointless, glorified covers band alright but if I hadn't seen Alice Cooper and Perry in their respective bands if I was a young fan why not? They clashed with Skindred though who blew the roof off the metal dome one of the sets of the weekend certainly one of the best crowds, caught arse end of Hollywood wasn't bad I'm Eighteen, Sweet Emotion etc played fairly nifty nothing wrong with it. Might I add I thought Limp Bizkit were actually brilliant :lol:

Marilyn Manson what happened there? He put on a killer performance I was shocked expected nothing. Parkway Drive in the same slot the previous night were reliable as always they keep that trajectory ones to hold up some of these festivals up in the future hopefully was a great spectacle too. Megadeth didn't play a predictable set thankfully as I missed Baroness for them. Judas Priest probably stole the weekend of so many cracking shows was great to get Glenn! Ozzy was on form off the bat midway maybe he dropped off a little but that guitar solo jam and long drum solo helped aid him even if it wiped out about quarter of the crowd :lol:

Caught end of Powerflo wasn't familiar with their own material but playing 'How It Is' was the job, BC were entertaining, Arch Enemy quality and the Maiden show ah stop, Bruce on fire delighted to have a ticket to Poland to see it again, volume could have been upped maybe but it was clear the main thing.

Didn't go see Vader but ya they were fair good with Testament only in April so opted for something else I believe, would have watched otherwise.

Took much more in was around 33 sets overall I think I counted, wise choices if I do say so myself :lol: however only bumps being other bands clashes to Darkness and C.O.C. sound for Lacuna Coil soured their set ,some of the lads watched the Darkness said Dome was rammed they would have been ideal on main during the day.

Defo got moneys worth (solely on ticket price at least) Damn tokens at least I bought in advance and didn't come home with any this time.

I'll defo be back pending line ups, may have to suss the Metal Park or Town in future though. Which is better?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:04 am 

Megalodon wrote:
I'm still in recovery :oops:

Immense weekend was had, ya it was a shaky start thought they'd have the house in order given the festival was beginning proper on the Thursday not sure what happened with the other entrance but I opted for the main we also arrived at 2, could see through the clearing queue not out that bad however when going through trees area loads of people just stopped drinking cans luggage clogging up the place just ploughed past and into queue I would imagine first time goers may have been confused by that congregation.

Took us a frustrating hour to get wristbands sorted but read 3-4 hours for some online so maybe were lucky we didn't come earlier. On arrival in campsite it was 95% full got em up and headed in just in time for the very start of Doro.

Black Stone Cherry were reliable as ever, Iced Earth was pretty bad not keen on Stu and sound done them no favors. Jon Davis was odd varied from good to not great perhaps something more suited to the Marquee and not that high up on the main stage. Ghost made the most of the short set enjoyed it but during the night would have something pity they weren't scheduled after Guns. Guns show I really got into, first 6 songs suffered sound issues where we were but had seen those exact same one at Slane so no real worries when it picked up here it was better overall for me. Yes 3.5 hours might be slightly overkill but I'm at a festival I'm in no rush to be anywhere I'm watching the full thing and going to have a beers and soak it up this was made all the better for last hour or so with clear run at half litre bar :lol:

Kreator weren't at their best no left after Phobia, Hollywood Vamps aren't pointless, glorified covers band alright but if I hadn't seen Alice Cooper and Perry in their respective bands if I was a young fan why not? They clashed with Skindred though who blew the roof off the metal dome one of the sets of the weekend certainly one of the best crowds, caught arse end of Hollywood wasn't bad I'm Eighteen, Sweet Emotion etc played fairly nifty nothing wrong with it. Might I add I thought Limp Bizkit were actually brilliant :lol:

Marilyn Manson what happened there? He put on a killer performance I was shocked expected nothing. Parkway Drive in the same slot the previous night were reliable as always they keep that trajectory ones to hold up some of these festivals up in the future hopefully was a great spectacle too. Megadeth didn't play a predictable set thankfully as I missed Baroness for them. Judas Priest probably stole the weekend of so many cracking shows was great to get Glenn! Ozzy was on form off the bat midway maybe he dropped off a little but that guitar solo jam and long drum solo helped aid him even if it wiped out about quarter of the crowd :lol:

Caught end of Powerflo wasn't familiar with their own material but playing 'How It Is' was the job, BC were entertaining, Arch Enemy quality and the Maiden show ah stop, Bruce on fire delighted to have a ticket to Poland to see it again, volume could have been upped maybe but it was clear the main thing.

Didn't go see Vader but ya they were fair good with Testament only in April so opted for something else I believe, would have watched otherwise.

Took much more in was around 33 sets overall I think I counted, wise choices if I do say so myself :lol: however only bumps being other bands clashes to Darkness and C.O.C. sound for Lacuna Coil soured their set ,some of the lads watched the Darkness said Dome was rammed they would have been ideal on main during the day.

Defo got moneys worth (solely on ticket price at least) Damn tokens at least I bought in advance and didn't come home with any this time.

I'll defo be back pending line ups, may have to suss the Metal Park or Town in future though. Which is better?

We actually had no trouble coming in...Smoothest entrance to a festival! I've experienced. Hard to find a camping spot alright but got somewhere near the main action so not so bad!

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed Limp Bizkit!Nostalgic and was more like a covers band!

Was outside the tent for Darkness, as good as ever. Didn't enjoy COC though and there was a surprisingly poor crowd there. Enjoyed Manson too.

Gutted I prob won't get to go to this with work next year. What good fests be on July/August? Was looking at the lineup for Wacken this year and that is one that could be hit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:34 am 

Megalodon wrote:
Hollywood Vamps aren't pointless, glorified covers band alright but if I hadn't seen Alice Cooper and Perry in their respective bands if I was a young fan why not?

Glorified nails it. Nothing special about them at all. Depp wasn't exactly a standout guitarist, Perry and Cooper were decent without doing anything amazing. I can understand wanting to see those guys if you'd missed them before but surely you'd want to see them doing their own stuff...not boring versions of Doors tunes. Maybe it's just me but if I wanted to see a covers band, I'd have gone down to the Classic Rock bar near the entrance. Instead, all I saw was a group of auld lads taking a main stage slot from bands with more originality but less star power.

Page: Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next