Back
  Tribulation - new song/album

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:37 pm 

https://youtu.be/fvJQGOFltSk

These boys have a new one out in January. New song is very much in the same style as the last one. Not mad gone on it. Liked most of the songs on the second album but I think it might be a case of not needing/wanting to hear much more of the path they've gone down stylistically. The vocals really stand out now as being a bit one dimensional.

Last edited by Nasgul_Brian on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 pm 

Sounds good.

I agree the vocals are a bit one dimensional but at the same time if they start including clean vocals I'm sure there would be plenty cries of them selling out, despite already being a very melodic band.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:23 pm 

Considering Jonathan has some set of lungs on him I'm surprised they haven't added some proper singing.although Anna Von Hauswolff is on it apparently which is great news

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:42 pm 

I'm enjoying that song. I loved the last album and this continues in the same vein so I'm happy enough with that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 pm 

Sounds class great live band

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:24 am 

The new track sounds Deadly :D

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:04 pm 

For such a video event, that is a total non-event song. On a level only with the bottom class stuff from the last (third, Brian :wink: ) album.

They'll want to have some hefty tricks up their sleeves to get me interested after what was already a slight disappointment in TCOTN.

Last edited by Black Shepherd Carnage on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:14 pm 

I came to the conclusion a while back that TCOTN gets a bit of a raw deal because it was always going to be near impossible to follow up '...Formulas...'. On its own merits its actually a cracker of an album, I discovered after sitting on it for a while. The Motherhood of God is probably even their best song. Not sure what to make of that new track without hearing it in the context of the album I guess. Its not really tickling my mickey anyway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:50 pm 

I really liked the last album, although it was very obviously steering the sound of the band more in the direction of a mainstream metal audience. A lot of the riffs were more straight-forward rock riffs and yeah, the vocals' relative one-dimensionality became more apparent on that album in particular. Still a deadly album though - I love it.

I'd have to agree though that this new one isn't exactly setting the world on fire. You wouldn't know though. Album could prove to be a belter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 am 

Video is pretty naff but digging the song, nothing amazing and needs to be heard within the context of the album.

Formulas.... is a modern day masterpiece of heavy metal. Still gets very regularly spins and still sounds as fresh 4yrs later.

I was initially not massively impressed with TCOTN but upon many listens its a quality album and I agree about The Motherhood of God what a song!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 pm 

Have the album. New song makes much more sense in that context.

New one is a bit harder sounding but by that don't think it's somehow a leap backwards to The Horror. The songs are infused with a goth (Nephilim), rock and Reinkoas flow over all. It's not a very long album or at least listening to it doesn't seem like it's a long haul. It flows quite well and will without doubt garner a ton of new fans as they get out and tour with a variety of different bands. Of course it'll have its detractors as well, as everything does, but on initial listens the album seems more straight forward yet is completely Tribulation. Some bits wouldn't be out of place on Formulas though it doesn't sound like Formulas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:05 am 

Invictus wrote:
Have the album. New song makes much more sense in that context.

New one is a bit harder sounding but by that don't think it's somehow a leap backwards to The Horror. The songs are infused with a goth (Nephilim), rock and Reinkoas flow over all. It's not a very long album or at least listening to it doesn't seem like it's a long haul. It flows quite well and will without doubt garner a ton of new fans as they get out and tour with a variety of different bands. Of course it'll have its detractors as well, as everything does, but on initial listens the album seems more straight forward yet is completely Tribulation. Some bits wouldn't be out of place on Formulas though it doesn't sound like Formulas.

SOLD! really looking forward to this

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:47 pm 

Another new song up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgbc-O ... e=youtu.be

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:47 pm 

More of the same...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:00 am 

Yep. An even more diluted version of the last album to these ears. In Solitude did this kind of thing much better with their final album I think.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next