Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 163  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 pm 

Loved the Handmaids Tale and as said above, perfectly executed. The relentless tension seems to never end from episode to episode. Even the odd moment of humour (usually delivered by Offred in her monologues) always carries a sense of dead pan/dark undertones.

Last edited by Nasgul_Brian on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:33 pm 

Started it on Monday myself, 2 episode in and enjoying it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:08 pm 

Black Shepherd Carnage wrote:
3 eps into The Handmaid's Tale and have to say it is absolutely exceptional so far. As far as screen adaptations go, if it keeps up this level of perfect execution, it'll be up there with The Shining, The Princess Bride, The Godfather, and Noddy.

Didn't see any dip in quality the whole season. The sense of dread is always there. A fantastic season of tv.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:43 pm 

Aye, Handmaid's Tale is 100% quality throughout the whole season. Can't think of a better dystopian future that gives chills the way this one does. I think it's so creepy and impressive because it feels totally real and believable in this day and age that this scenario could actually be happening!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:47 pm 

Finished The Handmaids Tale. Fantastic! As mentioned, the constant sense of dread just gets under your skin and stays there. Does not let up at all across any of the episodes. Even when you get a hint that things could work out, even for a little while, nope! Its pulls it back.

Season 2 trailer - https://youtu.be/xxQhWrAcQnE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm 

Any X Files fans have a look at the latest episodes, yet?
I found for the last coupla years of its initial run that the Alien conspiracy stuff spiralled out onto so many tangents that it got tangled up in inferior storylines and storytelling-- but the stand alone Monster of the Week episodes were more grounded,and enjoyable.

The premier of the new season then for me,had the same feelings- the Alien stuff was interesting,but hampers things with yet more twists. It was good,but not great. But the following Back to basics single mystery episode was spot on. Glad its back again in general.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:11 pm 

Kyle Reece wrote:
Any X Files fans have a look at the latest episodes, yet?
I found for the last coupla years of its initial run that the Alien conspiracy stuff spiralled out onto so many tangents that it got tangled up in inferior storylines and storytelling-- but the stand alone Monster of the Week episodes were more grounded,and enjoyable.

The premier of the new season then for me,had the same feelings- the Alien stuff was interesting,but hampers things with yet more twists. It was good,but not great. But the following Back to basics single mystery episode was spot on. Glad its back again in general.

Jesus I actually couldn't believe it was 2 years ago that new season aired.. thought it was only last year!!!
I didn't think they were going to continue on after those. TBH I was really annoyed with that last season.. thought it was a total mess bar maybe two of the episodes.
I may check out the new ones at some point but not overly pushed at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 pm 

Five episodes into Westworld, really enjoying it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 pm 

dr.gonzo wrote:
Five episodes into Westworld, really enjoying it.

Now that is a show that gets better with each episode. Can't wait for the new season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:00 pm 

Good stuff from Vikings this week. Bishop Heahmund wasn't long abandoning his staunch anti-heathen attitude once he caught a whiff of some box!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 pm 

RobMcS wrote:
once he caught a whiff of some box!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
RobMcS wrote:
once he caught a whiff of some box!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D
Its been a very good season overall-very eager seeing the mid-season finale next week. Some brilliant action in England,and Floki's new role is intreging- brilliant to see WWEs Edge alongside him aswell.

The one gripe I've got with the show is that, despite the time jumping its done at times to further things,this season was ripe with it used as convenient ways to enforce the plot along- and at times it was confusing.

Bjorn suddenly fleeing from Africa,and landing home as though no time at all had passed- and last nights scene with Hvitserk casting off the fact that he already visited Rollo as though he just casually stepped out for a few minutes- there was absolutely no sense that those intended weeks had passed. The pacing feels poorly delivered,and all over the place.
Shame too, to see Athelwolf buzz off like that aswell... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:31 pm 

Those that enjoyed The Handmaid’s Tale may wanna take a look at Alias Grace on Netflix, mini series based on a book by the same author as THT.

A few dodgy accents aside, the better half and I flew threw it this week, really interesting story.

Paul.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:28 am 

3 episodes in to Narcos S3 and it's kicking in to 3rd gear now, mighty stuff!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
3 episodes in to Narcos S3 and it's kicking in to 3rd gear now, mighty stuff!!

I thought S3 was as good as S1. Absolute quality. I notice that my interface gizmo doesn't pick up the subtitles on a couple of shows so I'll have to watch em on the laptop. it's just not the same on a 15in screen. Had to watch S3 of Narcos like that.

Took a punt on The Americans as its final season is starting in March. The espionage elements are class but there's probably too much focus on the husband and wife dynamic. Your man isn't the greatest actor in the world either.

These started last night: Likely won't get to them for a while and might see how others find them first.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4604612/?ref_=rvi_tt

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5056958/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Mosaic, in particular, could go either way. Steven Soderbergh can be very hit and miss.

Page: Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 163  Next