Back
  Tribulation - new song/album

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:59 pm 

Another new Track up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pweOHScWCPo

This is shaping up to be a good release hopefully they make it over for a gig. It is always good seeing these lads live.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm 

Another entire song based around a single idea. Well, at least it's not the same idea as the last two were based around, so slightly better for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm 

Like a less interesting Fields Of The Nephilim. Disappointing. Can't help but refer back to TFOD album that was really fleshed out in ideas, had a heady immersive atmosphere and plenty of riffs to boot. Liked Children Of The Night also and accepted it as a fairly bold but logical progression in style. However this is revealing that shift in style to sound more like a dumbing down of their sound, in my opinion. I actually like the idea of where they're going on paper but there isn't much to keep me interested throughout any of the songs released so far. I like it for about a minute, but by the end I'm wondering where he rest of the song is. (as BSC said: a song based entirely off one idea)

Last edited by Nasgul_Brian on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:17 pm 

....and while I'm having a bit of moan about it, I'd also say change those vocals up at least a little bit! The more melodic and simplified the music becomes, the more the vocals reveal themselves to be one dimensional.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm 

That's not doing a whole lot for me at the moment anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 pm 

From the songs they have released so far really looking forward to it will be catching them on the arch enemy bill in a few weeks be great to hear the new stuff live

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 pm 

Yep the new tracks sound deadly :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:01 pm 

Sonically that's very pleasing, Fields of the Nephilim hanging out of it and a nice atmosphere all round...but there's no song there!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:10 pm 

Yep. My exact thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:14 pm 

The Horror was class. The Children of the night wasn't bad. Just got bored of it.

This seems like a continuation of that musical journey. A corpse paint wearing Anathema......could be on the cards!

and F@%k that if its the case!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:21 pm 

King Hostile wrote:
The Horror was class. The Children of the night wasn't bad. Just got bored of it.

This seems like a continuation of that musical journey. A corpse paint wearing Anathema......could be on the cards!

The Formulas Of Death was a Phenomenal Release.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:42 am 

Yeah I noticed the lack of mention for what is easily their best album imo from that last post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 am 

Abandon All Hope wrote:
King Hostile wrote:

Yeah unbelievable album.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:52 pm 

Paul keohane wrote:
Abandon All Hope wrote:
King Hostile wrote:

Yeah unbelievable album.

Aye their best release. Not mad on those new tracks but it took a while for children of the night to click so I'll wait till I hear the full album a few times before passing judgement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:07 pm 

Indeed ladies and gentlemen,

I must admit I do have "Formulas of Death" .... going to spin it again here. I don't know why I didn't listen to it more.

Personal opinion is "The Horror" is epic. Love that sound.

I do like them. Would still get the new album based on what I have heard. There is however a bit of water threading going on.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next