Back
  Marvel Vs. DC... Cinematic Universes (*** SPOILERS ***)

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:32 am 

I reckon they'll bring F4 into the fold, first.

X-Men franchise is still pretty strong for Fox. Plus! They both have/had Quicksilver in them.
They'll probably have to wait for a full re-book.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:47 pm 

Doesn't seem to be a big buzz around Black Panther that's coming in mid Feb?
Possibly being over shadowed by the impending infinity wars or...

Literally what I saw online earlier regarding the lack of 'hype' :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:28 am 

Go to any comic nerd media website and there's plenty of hype for it - along with The Guardian promoting it as a 'progressive' step for the MCU, because of the mainly all-black cast. I'm looking forward to it, but then I'm biased towards Marvel, and even I admit that this could potentially be a hiccup for them. But maybe not -Ant-Man And The Wasp is coming out this year as well - that could be, depending on how it's handled, a loss.

Forum Is So Good That Who Mod It Doesn't Post Here
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:12 am 

I can't fucking wait for it! The Ta-Nehisi Coates run of comics has been incredible. I even splurged into temptation last night by buying a poxy lego set to get the Black Panther and Nakia figs :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 am 

Crow wrote:
I even splurged into temptation last night by buying a poxy lego set to get the Black Panther and Nakia figs :oops:

I take it all back.. the hype is real :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:54 am 

Nail_Bombed wrote:
Go to any comic nerd media website and there's plenty of hype for it - along with The Guardian promoting it as a 'progressive' step for the MCU, because of the mainly all-black cast. I'm looking forward to it, but then I'm biased towards Marvel, and even I admit that this could potentially be a hiccup for them. But maybe not -Ant-Man And The Wasp is coming out this year as well - that could be, depending on how it's handled, a loss.

Yeah it was more a general wondering, it just didn't seem to be as big a thing as the others in terms of promo and hype as it seems to have been with the others.

I'll be heading to it regardless as tbh all the marvel movies for the most part have been hugely entertaining.

Forum Is So Good That Who Mod It Doesn't Post Here
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:56 am 

Nagrenol wrote:
I take it all back.. the hype is real :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:13 pm 

Crow wrote:
The Ta-Nehisi Coates run of comics has been incredible.

Yeah, out of the new batch of Marvel comics at the moment, that one stands out as a great read, if somewhat of a slow burner. AFAIK Ta-Nehisi Coates is mainly a proper political journo with a deep love of comics, and wanted to envision a more fully-fleshed out character for T'Challa - plus the balances and checks that a ruler of a nation has to put in place. It's good stuff - if only the rest of the current Marvel crop could be up to that standard (though there's still good stuff to be had - Moon Knight, Punisher and The Defenders are all great).

They've brought back Jean Grey again :roll: - and there's already a time-displaced version of her in the 'verse. Marvel Comics used to be known as The House Of Ideas - now it's The House Of Dead Horses :|

Digressions aside - here's a teaser for Ant-Man 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmrdsRdYZlg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:57 pm 

It seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from 'The Client'. Which can only be amazing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:20 pm 

So the trailer for Venom was released....Its underwhelming looking to say the least

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:43 pm 

Thelofty wrote:
So the trailer for Venom was released....Its underwhelming looking to say the least

Yup looks shite. The dialog is so dull.. we all have... Demons.. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 pm 

I'm calling flop written all over that one, even with Tom Hardy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 pm 

Off to see Black Panther later tonight. Will report in once I've got back - looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 am 

Welp, BP was.... pretty awesome. Not Ragnarok levels of awesome, but still plenty there to entertain, and the setting was nicely different. And there were Battle Rhinos! Can't beat a battle rhino, says I.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am 

I'll probably go to see it this week, though I am starting to badly tire of the superhero film genre.

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next