Back
  metal to outsiders

Page: Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:49 pm 

Quote:
I actually get more annoyed by the mongoloids that do like metal(to some extent) and think that all i want to talk about is Slayer and Metallica or some other mainstream shite.And those knobs who tell me that Amon Amarth are their favourite band of all time but when i ask them their oppinions on any of the first 4 albums they tell me they've never heard any of them.

It is mainstream to you but maybe not to them, and who cares if they haven't listened to the first releases of any band. There is so much music snobbery within metal, if you have not listened to or have the demo's of a particular band you havent a clue or entitled to an opinion. Surely if someone listen's to any form of metal it is better than listening to mainstream pop or whatever.

It is people like you who are the mongoloids, you probably are the type who say, I used to listen to Amon Amarth before they went mainstream, but now they are shite.

The other overused phrase within the metal community, " the new stuff isn't as good as the old stuff"

This thread should be changed to metal to metallers not outsiders, as it seems a lot of metallers are outsiders within the genre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 am 

So it's not OK to prefer a band's older stuff?

I'm being a bit facetious as I know what point you are making there, Fitzy, but it is often the case that when a band achieves a higher level of success it is due to an alteration of their sound. Surely it makes sense then that some folk who got into band x for the sound they made early on might feel a bit disenchanted if the band moves away from that? Not always the case, it depends on the band but it isn't that big a stretch of the imagination.

For example, if Ride for Revenge released an album of, say, symphonic BM and became huge I'd be very disappointed. Not because they are successful but because they have sacrificed the unique sound that made them special- and marginalised- in the first place!

Some people just like odd sounding bands that don't fit the 'success' mould.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 am 

It is ok to prefer a bands older stuff as it ok to prefer a bands newer stuff, but my point was in reference to metalwrath's point in that he referred to people as mongoloids just because someone may not have an opinion on a bands older output.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 am 

Fitzy wrote:
It is ok to prefer a bands older stuff as it ok to prefer a bands newer stuff, but my point was in reference to metalwrath's point in that he referred to people as mongoloids just because someone may not have an opinion on a bands older output.

I get your point, but if somebody claims that Amon Amarth is their favourite band, I would find it strange if they haven't even checked out their older stuff. They don't have to like it, but not to have even checked it out on Youtube?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 pm 

Fitzy wrote:
Quote:
I actually get more annoyed by the mongoloids that do like metal(to some extent) and think that all i want to talk about is Slayer and Metallica or some other mainstream shite.And those knobs who tell me that Amon Amarth are their favourite band of all time but when i ask them their oppinions on any of the first 4 albums they tell me they've never heard any of them.

It is people like you who are the mongoloids, you probably are the type who say, I used to listen to Amon Amarth before they went mainstream, but now they are shite.

A band going main stream or releasing a shit album will not deter me from listening to the albums i already liked nor will it stop me seeing the band play unless of course their live performances start going shite.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 pm 

This thread is just as cringe-inducing as the Creation's Tears and Pagan Shite threads but without the laughs.

All apart from this. This made me laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:34 am 

So, a new girl started working in our company and as I was training her, she was asking quite lot of questions and she also asked what music did I like. So I let her listen to Goatmoon and Horna and she seems to be quite OK with it :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 am 

No-one cares m8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 am 

Ancikrist wrote:
So, a new girl started working in our company and as I was training her, she was asking quite lot of questions and she also asked what music did I like. So I let her listen to Goatmoon and Horna and she seems to be quite OK with it :D

lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 am 

Snatchgrabber wrote:
No-one cares m8

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:50 am 

Ancikrist wrote:
She was probably more concerned about you using the blade on her, bud, but at least she showed you some fucking respect.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 am 

Metal to outsiders... Hairy, clueless weirdos who live in a daft fantasy world trying to bond with birds in incomprehensible ways.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:05 pm 

Black Shepherd Carnage wrote:
Metal to outsiders... Hairy, clueless weirdos who live in a daft fantasy world trying to bond with birds in incomprehensible ways.

Brilliant... =D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:51 pm 

I knew swans were tough but that lad is off the hook!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm 

Quote:
Metal to outsiders... Hairy, clueless weirdos who live in a daft fantasy world trying to bond with birds in incomprehensible ways

Excellent!

Page: Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13