Back
  Gaming

Page: Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 pm 

I recently decided that due to having a rather large gaming collection (both retro and modern, but mostly retro), I should probably put my passion to some use in the form of a blog. And so, here are some of my candid thoughts on my experience of Eastern European retro gaming culture during a recent visit to Poland...

https://medium.com/@troupe86/tinker-troupe-gamer-spy-the-hunt-for-the-otherness-of-eastern-european-gaming-culture-bb2e26d46d52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:42 pm 

Getting into Hollow Knight at the moment. Loving it and think Ill try one of the classic Metriod games once I have completed it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:44 pm 

Still have to start Hollow Knight myself. Big into metroidvania style games in the past couple of years. Guacamelee has been one of the most memorable ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 pm 

Hollow Knight is probably the best metroidvania game I've ever played. Gorgeous art-style and soundtrack too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:50 pm 

Its huge!! 40 plus hours and still opening new areas.

Ori and the Blind Forest is probably my favourite moderen game of this style but Hollow Knight is close the bettering it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 am 

Skanmar wrote:
Still have to start Hollow Knight myself. Big into metroidvania style games in the past couple of years. Guacamelee has been one of the most memorable ones.

Can't wait for the Guacamelee sequel, first one is tops.

Axiom Verge is great too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:37 pm 

Holding out hope that Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night will be the Metroidvania to truly live up to the name of Metroidvania. Seeing as it's produced by the dude who brought the genre into the forefront with Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night, it's got a lot to live up to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:07 pm 

Dead Cells looks great.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:05 pm 

DuckyDoodleFace wrote:
Skanmar wrote:

Can't wait for the Guacamelee sequel, first one is tops.

Axiom Verge is great too.

I love Guacamelee. I've played through it about 4 times, it's such a great game.

Metroidvania's are one of my favourite genres, still have to check out Hollow Knight and Axiom Verge.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:19 pm 

Axiom Verge is a great game and made more impressive by the fact that it is the work of one guy - game design, art, programming and the soundtrack (which is excellent too).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:45 am 

D/Led Brutal Doom yesterday after not playing Doom for yonks. Tis fantabulous - not having a big fuck-off newly custom made machine, I can't run DOOM 2016 (which took some cues from this, I hear), but this - this is glorious, and very similar to how I remember Doom being but faster, more modern and with just more of everything, especially gore - and finishing moves on every demon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:04 pm 

Yeah I seen the trailer there looks whopper. They really seemed to push the idea of wanting the player to be in non stop action. That shotgun with the chain hook attached was all that I needed to see from that trailer.

Honestly, give Doom 2015 a bash. You have the execution moves in that one too and just like this one. Non stop action. Few puzzle moments but otherwise nothing but bullets that will be flying and guts that will be splattered everywhere. All accompanied by a whopper soundtrack to boot!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:23 am 

Quake champions is good craic if you want some oldschool arena shooter action

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:37 am 

Doom 2016 is great. Not sure about the footage for Eternal, something looks a bit off.

Playing Okami HD at the moment. Pretty fucking good, although the unskippable text is a bit much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:18 am 

Just to point out, Brutal Doom is a free mod for the original DOS Doom - probably some know this already, but you get a Doom source port, like Zandronum, or GZDoom, stick Brutal Doom with it, and you immediately get DoS Doom amped up to 11. You need to source the original Doom/Doom II WAD files yourselves though - if you have originals on CD, just copy off those, or buy it off Steam.
You can also stick in CD quality music into the source port - there's a marvelous metal covers album of the original Doom music on the link to DL Brutal Doom, severely good stuff.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

Page: Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216  Next