Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
Speaking of depth, I could have done with a good half an hour of a "Previously On Westworld...."

There's recaps at the beginnings of most episodes in S2, spanning relevant stuff from both S1 and S2. S2 was a little uneven in terms of entertainment, but they really outdid themselves in places, and the overall conceptual arc was outstanding I thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:51 am 

Yeah The Expanse is definitely the best sci-fi about. Delighted Amazon picked it up.

Actually finished Altered Carbon last night, it's definitely enjoyable. A bit lacking story wise but the world and almost perfect Blade Runner aesthetic kept me coming back. I wonder if it'll get a second season.

Archer and Rick and Morty are both class for very different reasons. I don't think Rick and Morty has beaten the quality of its first season yet though, or maybe I need to watch the newer ones more.

Also about 5 episodes in to Wild Wild Country and I think the initial wtf factor has went away and I have kind of lost interest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:19 pm 

Mags wrote:
Also about 5 episodes in to Wild Wild Country and I think the initial wtf factor has went away and I have kind of lost interest.

Pretty much the same point I started losing interest. I mean, it's a great story, plenty of good material, but there's no need for an entire season when one feature length would have done the job.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:43 am 

Came across this on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIFvFquPHoI

The Lion Witch and Wardrobe : Chronicles of Narnia tv series from back in '88. Jesus I remember loving this so much and getting into the books with my older brother from it.

The scene where the witch stabs Aslan to kill him.. bloody traumatising stuff :?

I remember at that age finding it so hard to come to grips with how they all grew old there and then went back through the wardrobe and almost no time had past.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:22 pm 

I'm 3 episodes into season 2 of The Expanse, really enjoying it. Annoyed that I left it so long before watxhing it TBH.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:56 am 

2 Eps in to Taboo (Tom Hardy) season 1,... hmmm, not sure about this, will keep going for another one or two.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:13 am 

Stick with it, I loved it.

"I have a use for you..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 am 

Manhunt: Unabomber. Brilliant, brilliant tv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 am 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
2 Eps in to Taboo (Tom Hardy) season 1,... hmmm, not sure about this, will keep going for another one or two.....

Apparently the plan is for 3 seasons. It's supposed to be fairly slow alright and between the time between seasons might make it a bit annoying to watch so I'll wait til it's all done before giving it a go.

S3 of The Expanse: Pretty good, finished well but found it dragged a bit in places.

Counterpart: J.K Simmons is fantastic, obviously. However I found it a little plodding too. Dunno if I'll bother with S2.

Cobra Kai: After all the raving here I said I'd give it a go. I thought ye were all mad or something, I mean it's a continuation of The Karate Kid(!) but feckit.... Absolutely loved it. Amazing how as a kid we all rooted for LaRusso but presumably all wanted to see him get his smug head slapped off him in this.

Started an oldish show with Glenn Close, Ted Danson and a few other household names, Damages. Legal thriller/drama yoke. Actually quite addictive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:33 pm 

Watched the first episode of Castle Rock, the new show with Stephen king stories intertwined. Good episode but anyone who loves The Shawshank Redemption is going to love the first 10 minutes of the episode.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:55 pm 

Actually watched the first ep too. I reckon it could be a really good show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:11 am 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
Stick with it, I loved it.

"I have a use for you..."

finished Ep5 last night, yeah sucked in now big time, loving it! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am 

Really enjoying Sharp Objects. Recommended if the True Detective shaped hole in your life needs filling temporarily as I mentioned before. Two more episodes to go and I'm genuinely clueless as to who's behind the murders, but the whole family drama at the core of it is amazing. I may be slightly in love with Camille Preaker also.

Because I'm indifferent to TV for the most part I hadn't watched Legion before. Watched the first two episodes with the chiseller over the weekend and we both liked it. Far more off the wall than I expected.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:12 pm 

Mindhunter: really enjoyed this. Anxious for another season, literally blasted through it in 2 days. For anyone into the psychology behind serial killers..v cool.

Unabomber Manhunt: Again, really worth your time. Explores how the Unabomber was captured through a new technique called Forensic Linguistics..addictive stuff.

Wild Wild Country: crazy story but feel like they could have gone way further and really revealed a lot of what the actual leader was all about and into. I agree with the guy who said there was no viewpoint from people who had been outside the scandal itself..they could easily have tracked down another bunch of people who had been there and asked them what they thought with hindsight.

I have a few more weeks of free Netflix..any recommendations? Love anything to do with investigations, serial killer/cult stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm 

pedro wrote:
Mindhunter: really enjoyed this. Anxious for another season, literally blasted through it in 2 days. For anyone into the psychology behind serial killers..v cool.

Unabomber Manhunt: Again, really worth your time. Explores how the Unabomber was captured through a new technique called Forensic Linguistics..addictive stuff.

Wild Wild Country: crazy story but feel like they could have gone way further and really revealed a lot of what the actual leader was all about and into. I agree with the guy who said there was no viewpoint from people who had been outside the scandal itself..they could easily have tracked down another bunch of people who had been there and asked them what they thought with hindsight.

I have a few more weeks of free Netflix..any recommendations? Love anything to do with investigations, serial killer/cult stuff.

I mean it's full of a bunch of serial killer/murder type shit at this point, they've flogged the absolute fuck out of that formula..If you didn't see Making A Murderer, The Staircase, Wormwood or Evil Genius yet they're all on there, each one as tedious as the last.

Page: Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next