Back
  New Macabre Omen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 pm 

Anyone a fan of these guys? The Ancient Returns was always one of my 'go to' albums from the greek BM scene and imo one of the best to ever come from it, fucking brilliant stuff. Their new one Gods of War At War is getting regular spins from me since i got it last week, maybe just as good as the last. About fuckign time they got a new one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02kY5DUuDjU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:55 pm 

Brilliant album. Never listened to them before now. Epic era Bathory and classic early 90's Greek BM! Lovely stuff. Any idea where I'd get a physical copy? The bandcamp page only has the digital and they are on Van which costs 20 euro to post one cd.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:37 am 

You can get one from Alex 'The One' he is the main guy behind Macabre Omen, The One and some other great bands. You can contact him through his label Maleficentissimus Triumphatus or at triumphatus@gmail.com I saw him at the weekend for the Lychgate / Nightbringer show and know he has copies (where I got mine). He is a good friend of mine and does merch for my band and the album is brilliant!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:18 am 

Bottle of Tonic wrote:
Brilliant album. Never listened to them before now. Epic era Bathory and classic early 90's Greek BM! Lovely stuff. Any idea where I'd get a physical copy? The bandcamp page only has the digital and they are on Van which costs 20 euro to post one cd.

van records will send a single cd with free postage as far as i know.

Last edited by gordon on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:20 am 

Memnarch wrote:
Anyone a fan of these guys? The Ancient Returns was always one of my 'go to' albums from the greek BM scene and imo one of the best to ever come from it, fucking brilliant stuff. Their new one Gods of War At War is getting regular spins from me since i got it last week, maybe just as good as the last. About fuckign time they got a new one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02kY5DUuDjU

yeah its one of the best this year for me .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm 

Ya, it's a great album.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:38 pm 

I heard a track from this a few weeks ago. It's impressive stuff alright

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:58 am 

This is fairly fuckin' savage. Hearing plenty of Bathory in there, some of the guitar reminds me of Drudkh too. Deadly song-writing.

I'd never heard of them before. Cheers for the post bump!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:09 am 

I picked up a split 7" years ago between them and Garotting Deep. Total shite! This stuff sounds better.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:09 am 

Only heard the one song on that Fenriz podcast somebody posted a while back. Loved that particular song and have yet to hear the full album.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 am 

As Gordon rightly pointed out you can get the cd from Van now without paying another cd's worth in postage. Must be a new policy?

Or you can listen to the whole thing on a bandcamp page. Just google it.

I listened to the debut on YouTube a couple of times. Sounds very different. Some depressive vibes in it especially the vocals. New shit sounds a lot more mighty and is improved for it in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:14 pm 

Recently picked this and the debut up. Both are really good. Quality songwriting across the board. I have 'Gods of War- At War' on now. Epic.