Back
  Most Sparsely Attended Gig You've Been to?

Page: Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Not the absolute worst but surprised at the poor turnout for At the drive in on Tuesday.....

But given that they've been over few times in last few years plus cost of tickets. Not that supprising really.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:20 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Not the absolute worst but surprised at the poor turnout for At the drive in on Tuesday.....

Didn't even know they were playing until I saw her post it the gigs section. Must have been pretty poorly promoted, never even saw a poster for it anywhere around town

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 am 

Add it up and it makes sense.

They played here in November last year with Royal Blood in the 3 Arena for about €35.

They played here in March the year before that for nearly €50 as part of a tour after a hiatus.

Then they played here this week for nearly €50.

Maybe don't hit up the same tiny country three times in three years and charge so nearly €50 for a ticket.

Heard from people who went that the sound was terrible and it was mostly a disappointing gig.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 am 

I thought It was a cool gig, Sound was fine. Didn’t realise they did the Royal Blood gig last year so the turnout makes sense now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm 

I'm one of several of the 10 or so people (not including Drainland members, who played support) who were at that Today is The Day in Whelan's who have already posted in this thread. That was probably the worst.

From memory, Primordial played to about 20 people at Day of Darkness 2002 (?).

Not metal-related but as a nipper in, I think it was 1990, myself and a friend went to what was billed as 'Rockathon' which was part of the RTÉ 'People In Need' Telethon, which was a massive charity fundraiser RTÉ would run every year (or second year?). This 'Rockathon' thing was supposed to be this ginormous teenage disco thing and was held in the Point Depot. Superstar 2FM DJ Tony Fenton rockin' the decks. We got tickets cos my mate's ma worked for Century Radio at the time and got freebies. I remember being so excited going to it. I shit you not, there were less than 50 kids there - in the fucking Point Depot! More innocent times :lol:

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:17 pm 

That's a very roundabout way of saying you didn't "meet" anyone at it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:34 pm 

:lol: No shit, Sherlock!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:44 pm 

That ATDI gig sounded like someone farting into pringles tin.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:40 pm 

They've improved, then?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:17 pm 

Back yet again Nixer. Sigh.

Page: Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21