Back
  Dynamo Metal Fest - Eindhoven 14/07/18

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 pm 

I'd say they'll sort something out alright. Yep ha, I meant a one day festival. It's actually a 2 dayer for us time wise, fly out Fri afternoon and back home Sunday afternoon.
Hopefully we'll actually meet up this time if we all get to Eindhoven. We fairly criss-crossed paths last year Spoddie, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:29 pm 

justincredible wrote:
I'd say they'll sort something out alright. Yep ha, I meant a one day festival. It's actually a 2 dayer for us time wise, fly out Fri afternoon and back home Sunday afternoon.
Hopefully we'll actually meet up this time if we all get to Eindhoven. We fairly criss-crossed paths last year Spoddie, lol.

Shouldn't be too hard. We'll either be in Barney's daghap near the station or The Jack....probably The Jack and we're heading for the pre-party thing on the Friday night. You still on the same 08...171 number?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:57 am 

spoderman01 wrote:
justincredible wrote:

Shouldn't be too hard. We'll either be in Barney's daghap near the station or The Jack....probably The Jack and we're heading for the pre-party thing on the Friday night. You still on the same 08...171 number?

Yep big dad, call me sometime, yo!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:21 am 

Sons of Apollo have pulled out due to 'personal circumstances'. Dynamo are seeking a replacement but it's prob a bit late in the day to get a band of the same level in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:38 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Sons of Apollo have pulled out due to 'personal circumstances'. Dynamo are seeking a replacement but it's prob a bit late in the day to get a band of the same level in.

I meant 'lad' in the previous post, lol.
Ah, I'm sure some gem of a Dutch underground band will be shoehorned in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:45 pm 

justincredible wrote:
I meant 'lad' in the previous post, lol.

I was too uncomfortable to mention it :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:57 pm 

Next year just call this the 'Spod & Justy' thread, haha!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:29 am 

VUUR replacing Sons of Apollo. Looks like a slight change to the order of the bands as well. New timetable up on Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:53 am 

spoderman01 wrote:
VUUR replacing Sons of Apollo. Looks like a slight change to the order of the bands as well. New timetable up on Monday.

Vuur played last year as well didn't they? Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:54 am 

Roll on Tuesday to find out from Ryanair if they're actually flying into Eindhoven on Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:19 pm 

justincredible wrote:
spoderman01 wrote:

Vuur played last year as well didn't they?

Yeah, they were on earlyish. It's Anneke from The Gathering's new band. I love her voice so I'm not overly upset by this news. The lads I'm going with are not so impressed :wink:

Some aviation expert was on the Limerick radio a while ago saying he can't see how the strike won't go ahead. Said that the vast majority of pilots flying out of Dublin are Irish so the majority of flights would be affected. He went through Ryanair's options like bringing in other planes but said the airport doesn't have the space for them. He's predicting mayhem and said if you can at all, book alternative travel now before the chaos on Thursday. I think this is largely based on it being peak holiday period when most flights would have been busy anyway so it won't be as easy to get people from cancelled flights onto others.

One of our group is refusing to book a different flight and is waiting to see what Ryanair say on Tuesday. So if the strike is cancelled, all 4 of us will be on the noon flight straight to Eindhoven at noon. If it goes ahead, 3 of us will be on the 6am flight to Amsterdam and the other lad has to figure out his own way there on Thursday/Friday. At least he has the day's grace to get there without missing the fest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:49 pm 

Just checked the hotel, it's paid (€150) and non refundable. It's only €75 each so not too bad.
Fingers crossed Eindhoven isn't one of the routes affected. We were lucky last November going to Rome when similar shenanigans were going on with Ryanair, that flight there and back was unaffected.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:16 pm 

Soz, just spotted that you're flying on Friday. As far as I know, Friday is 100% fine. The strike only affects Thursday flights.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:39 pm 

Flying in to Amsterdam early Saturday and training it down. Flying back around 11 on Sunday from Eindhoven. Absolutely shittin myself for the flight home.... Did it earlier on in the year for another fest there and was so close to checking in for another night and taking my chances in finding a flight. Eindhoven can get pretty mental. My last 'Dynamo' was Iron Maiden, Testament, Suicidal, Korn Zeke... About 18 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:04 am 

daniel wrote:
Flying in to Amsterdam early Saturday and training it down. Flying back around 11 on Sunday from Eindhoven. Absolutely shittin myself for the flight home.... Did it earlier on in the year for another fest there and was so close to checking in for another night and taking my chances in finding a flight. Eindhoven can get pretty mental. My last 'Dynamo' was Iron Maiden, Testament, Suicidal, Korn Zeke... About 18 years ago.

I had a ticket for that Sunday flight.... then realised there's not a chance I'd get to the airport on time so booked a later one from Amsterdam

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next