Back
  CONAN + MONOLORD - Dublin/Belfast - 15/16 May 2018

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 pm 

Nothing hipster about Johnny King either.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:35 pm 

The Conan lads have also been playing the same sort of heavy stuff stuff for about 14 years now? Maybe that's hipster? Thought Johnny did a super job on drums

Really enjoyed the Belfast show. the Voodoo refit it great. My first time catching Monolord live, I'll def make an effort to do so again.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 pm 

welshchris wrote:
The Conan lads have also been playing the same sort of heavy stuff stuff for about 14 years now? Maybe that's hipster? Thought Johnny did a super job on drums

Really enjoyed the Belfast show. the Voodoo refit it great. My first time catching Monolord live, I'll def make an effort to do so again.

Your hardly going to criticise them on a public forum now or you ??

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:38 pm 

The hipster subculture is stereotypically composed of younger and middle-aged adults who reside primarily in gentrified neighborhoods. It is broadly associated with indie and alternative music and genres such as chill-out, folk, modern rock, pop rock, and post-Britpop. Hipsters also frequently flaunt a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility, vintage and thrift store-bought clothing, generally pacifist progressive andgreen political views, veganism, organic and artisanal foods, craft alcoholic beverages,alternative lifestyles, and snobbery. The subculture typically consists of mostly white young adults living in urban areas..It has been described as a "mutating, trans-Atlanticmelting pot of styles, tastes. Middle class hipsters.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 pm 

stevie-0 wrote:
welshchris wrote:

Your hardly going to criticise them on a public forum now or you ??

This is true prob wouldn’t have a dig a friends on a public forum, but I also wouldn’t say I enjoyed a show if that wasn’t the case :)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:16 am 

Was really looking forward to seeing Conan in Voodoo(Belfast) but thought their sound set up was way too harsh. Sometimes it worked and was monstrously heavy but for the most part it was hard work.
Monolord on the other had perfect sound for me. Loud as hell but clear and very heavy. Find the albums a bit boring but live they were great.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 pm 

stevie-0 wrote:
The hipster subculture is stereotypically composed of younger and middle-aged adults who reside primarily in gentrified neighborhoods. It is broadly associated with indie and alternative music and genres such as chill-out, folk, modern rock, pop rock, and post-Britpop. Hipsters also frequently flaunt a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility, vintage and thrift store-bought clothing, generally pacifist progressive andgreen political views, veganism, organic and artisanal foods, craft alcoholic beverages,alternative lifestyles, and snobbery. The subculture typically consists of mostly white young adults living in urban areas..It has been described as a "mutating, trans-Atlanticmelting pot of styles, tastes. Middle class hipsters.

That sums up Conan extremely well. Especially the chill out post Brit pop snobbery.

Page: Previous  1, 2