Back
  Europe & King King - Dublin 12th Sept 2018

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:43 am 

Cracking gig. Europe were in top form. Great mix of old and new. King King were excellent too. The crowd were well up for it. Great to see so many young people at the gig.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:21 pm 

There really is so much more to 'em than The Final Countdown album- it was great to see some of those songs performed on the night,but they really dont play the nostalgia card, with most of the actual set harnessing the last couple of albums. And for the likes of "Last look at Eden", I really enjoyed that.

I only really started listening to their earlier stuff not too long before the gig- "Wings of Tomorrow" is a cracking album! Theres some Scorpions, Dio, and Whitesnake in there. Really underrated band overall. First time seeing them,and it was a top night out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 pm 

Kyle Reece wrote:
There really is so much more to 'em than The Final Countdown album- it was great to see some of those songs performed on the night,but they really dont play the nostalgia card, with most of the actual set harnessing the last couple of albums. And for the likes of "Last look at Eden", I really enjoyed that.

I only really started listening to their earlier stuff not too long before the gig- "Wings of Tomorrow" is a cracking album! Theres some Scorpions, Dio, and Whitesnake in there. Really underrated band overall. First time seeing them,and it was a top night out.

Try "Out of this world" and "Prisoners in Paradise" ( with Kee Marcello on guitar)...brilliant albums....if you like John Norum check out his solo "Total Control" and "Face the truth" (Glenn Hughes vocals on most tracks) albums....again,great stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:06 pm 

Brox wrote:
Kyle Reece wrote:

Try "Out of this world" and "Prisoners in Paradise" ( with Kee Marcello on guitar)...brilliant albums....if you like John Norum check out his solo "Total Control" and "Face the truth" (Glenn Hughes vocals on most tracks) albums....again,great stuff.

Yup, I checked Prisoners in Paradise- albeit only a coupla days before the gig! I really liked that aswell. It was lost in the Grunge storm at the time,so its one of those lost gems thats really cool to head back and discover like that.

"Take Control" is controlling things at the minute on youtube- second song in,and its good! I dont know too much about his initial departure following the Final Countdown's success,but Im gathering he didnt like the fact that his guitar work,and the bands status in general was getting Outshined by the glossy makeover musically that the band was doing, in keeping with the glam/soft metal of the day.
He certainly is rippin' things up on his solo stuff here. Thanks for the recommendation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:55 pm 

Kyle Reece wrote:
Brox wrote:
Kyle Reece wrote:

Yup, I checked Prisoners in Paradise- albeit only a coupla days before the gig! I really liked that aswell. It was lost in the Grunge storm at the time,so its one of those lost gems thats really cool to head back and discover like that.

"Take Control" is controlling things at the minute on youtube- second song in,and its good! I dont know too much about his initial departure following the Final Countdown's success,but Im gathering he didnt like the fact that his guitar work,and the bands status in general was getting Outshined by the glossy makeover musically that the band was doing, in keeping with the glam/soft metal of the day.
He certainly is rippin' things up on his solo stuff here. Thanks for the recommendation.

Even though I really like the Vinnie Vincent Invasion version, I have to say that this just hits the right marks with me. Great song.

Watch "John Norum - Back On The Streets" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/UhBLRLPUN4M

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm 

Norum doing Thin Lizzy's Opium Trial

https://youtu.be/uHR1q6g_No0

Kee Marcello had a great album out recently...
"Kee of Hearts" with vocalist Tommy Heart from Fair Warning.

https://youtu.be/dV9f2Ces2pE

https://youtu.be/quvWOY9BqyU

Good deal on Amazon for the latest Europe "walk the earth" album on white 180 gram vinyl with gatefold sleeve,picked it up a few days ago.
Walk The Earth (Coloured 12" 180gm vinyl) [VINYL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07589655Z/ ... NBbXJS8BQ9

Page: Previous  1, 2