Back
  SLAYER - 3 Arena Dublin - November 1st

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm 

Jesus Phish wrote:
I remember seeing Obituary in 2008 in the music centre and being bored enough that I left.

The worst obit gig I’ve ever seen. Woeful.
Left about half way through.

Luckily they redeemed themselves in 2012 when they came back to the same venue and just played the first three albums. Completely different gig, they were on fire.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm 

They were great in Vicar street the last time,its a real bonus having them on the bill.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:19 pm 

I saw Obituary last week and they were great. I stopped going to see them in Ireland years ago because they were shite I was at that 2008 gig as well I think the last time I saw them in Ireland was the old school set with Macabre in 2012?

I went to see them this time last year as well simply out of boredom not expecting much and they were great so that's why I went to see them again last week.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 pm 

Yes I agree about Obituary.Last time I saw them was Hellfest 2017.Looking forward to seeing them again with Slayer.Other two bands on lineup don't really do it for me.Plenty of time in between to queue for beer and other stuff

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm 

Anthrax’s set for this run is woejus. 4 from Among, One from Spreading, One from the new record then finishing with one of either of the dopey covers they always play.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm 

Sur how long are anthrax going to get on stage? 40min?,

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 pm 

Ah, I'll take 40m. Forty mins of Anthrax, Lamb of God and then 1h15-1h30m of Slayer sounds like a delightful evening.

I'd be going if support was Kerry King farting bubbles out his ass, so seeing two of my favourite bands is pretty rawsome.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:17 am 

I'll never understand the draw to Anthrax... Still though, worth the money for slayer and obituary

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 am 

Bought 5 seating tickets for me and my mates instead of standing. Hopefully Ticketmaster are gracious in letting me exchange them

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:26 am 

Paul keohane wrote:
They were great in Vicar street the last time,its a real bonus having them on the bill.

I thought they were dreadful at that. Seemed bored out of their minds. I'm well aware I'm in the minority on that though.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:13 am 

pentagrimes wrote:
Paul keohane wrote:

I thought they were dreadful at that. Seemed bored out of their minds. I'm well aware I'm in the minority on that though.

No Jamie, I agree that they were dreadful in Vicar Street but I saw them a month later at Speedfest in Eindhoven and they were a different beast altogether. So I'm looking forward to them on this bill.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 am 

keeper of kalessin wrote:
I'll never understand the draw to Anthrax...

Ah come on sir...jayzus, just to give a bit of balance here...even if you don't like Anthrax, Among the Living and Persistence of Time are bona fide thrash classics in most peoples books I would have thought,....admittedly they've overplayed everything from them in recent years, accepted.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:53 am 

mick1shrdn wrote:
Bought 5 seating tickets for me and my mates instead of standing. Hopefully Ticketmaster are gracious in letting me exchange them

Thought I did the same, there was a row and seat number on the receipt for my ticket, it still said section GA2 which I knew was standing anyway but I contacted ticket Master to make sure that it was standing that I purchased, they clarified that this was because even though the bottom layer of seating is removed for gigs like this, they issue the tickets for the ground floor as if it were seated.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:55 am 

huez2000 wrote:
keeper of kalessin wrote:
I'll never understand the draw to Anthrax...

Ah come on sir...jayzus, just to give a bit of balance here...even if you don't like Anthrax, Among the Living and Persistence of Time are bona fide thrash classics in most peoples books I would have thought,....admittedly they've overplayed everything from them in recent years, accepted.

Maybe im being hasty but i just never got into them and when i tried i found myself turning it off after a few songs... i will revisit those albums and see if there sitting any better with me now.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 pm 

tormentor666 wrote:
Thought I did the same, there was a row and seat number on the receipt for my ticket, it still said section GA2 which I knew was standing

Ah I feel like an idiot now. Glad I'm standing for it anyway

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next