Back
  Metal documentaries

Page: 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:17 pm 

Been watching a load of these recently, stuff like the Metal Evolution series, Twisted Fucking Sister, Get Thrashed...anything else worth checking out?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:47 am 

Lemmy
God bless Ozzy Osbourne
Some Kind Of Monster
Anvil
Kiss Loves You
Such Hawks Such Hounds
Slow Southern Steel
Last Days Here
Not Dead Yet
Mission to Lars
Metal A headbangers Journey
Rush - Beyond The Lighted Stage
Full Metal Village
Heavy Metal in Baghdad
Heavy Metal Parking Lot
Heavy Metal Picnic
I Am Thor
Well Now you’re here there’s no going back
The Decline Of western civilization 2
Records Collecting Dust
Blood sweat and vinyl
All Things Must Pass
Rock School

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:11 pm 

Every time I die= shit happens
The black dahlia murder= fool em’all
Until the light takes us
Heavy the story of metal
Death metal a documentary
Behemoth crush,fukk,create
Just a few documentaries I’ve enjoyed there are so many more out in the wilderness and some are pure shite but there’s a lot of good ones too,I’d say YouTube is full of them

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:16 pm 

Cheers, good few there I've seen, good lot to add to the list

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:25 pm 

The Cannibal Corpse one that's about 4 hours long is one of best music documentaries I have ever seen. I think it's centuries of Torment it's the 3 disc edition.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:18 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
The Cannibal Corpse one that's about 4 hours long is one of best music documentaries I have ever seen. I think it's centuries of Torment it's the 3 disc edition.

Not a huge fan of their recent output, however agreed the documentary is very good indeed.

I personally enjoy the very well put together documentary At The Gates - The Flames Of The End.

Until The Light Takes Us is another favourite.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:40 pm 

Was just watching Until the Light Takes Us last week. Don't know if Frost was the bigger goon for stabbing a couch as "art", or the people that paid to watch it. Pretty good otherwise though

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 pm 

One Man Metal.
A Vice documentary about Xasthur, Leviathan and Striborg. Worth it for Striborg screeching in the woods alone.
Centuries of Torment is a truly good watch as well.
I watched a Broken Hope one not long ago on youtube but was bit tedious overall.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:31 am 

Yeah, "Such Hawks, Such Hounds" is definitely worth a watch.

There's a few mentioned there that I've not heard of, nice one.

There's also one or two which I put on but couldn't finish - "Last Days Here" about Bobby Liebling comes to mind. Admittedly I tried to watch it after he was locked up for doing all that shit to his mother. His folks seemed like patient people in the film.

Colin Hanks who did the "All Things Must Pass" doc is showing himself to be a very talented director. His "Eagles Of Death Metal: Nos Amis" is getting good reviews, the trailer looks interesting. Jesse Hughes did spend the 12 months after the Bataclan attacks talking through his hole though and I'm not sure is that glossed over in the film. Considering that himself, Homme and Haniks are pals, it probably is.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:06 pm 

Good thread. Will have to give a few of them a look.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:52 pm 

Not all metal related, as such. But still a good watch is 'Hired Guns' on Netflix.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:17 pm 

Syrian Metal is War is good. It's on YouTube too.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 pm 

ritualhammer wrote:
One Man Metal.
A Vice documentary about Xasthur, Leviathan and Striborg. Worth it for Striborg screeching in the woods alone.
Centuries of Torment is a truly good watch as well.
I watched a Broken Hope one not long ago on youtube but was bit tedious overall.

I was in Hobart a few years back and we visited a market the day we were leaving. Your man from Striborg and his missus had a stall selling all sorts of witchy stuff and it was only when I saw the Striborg t-shirts and CDs for sale that I twigged who the little elf was sitting in the back door of the van. I had to run out of the place as I got a fit of the giggles picturing him howling in the cave with his cape on!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:58 pm 

Ha, hope ya bought some tat off the chap or at least challenged him to a gurn off in the local woods?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 am 

maybe not documentaries as such - but I found them interestingvh-1 had a series of shows dedicated to classic albums.

the ones I saw were the making of : Deep purple's Machinehead,
Motorhead's Ace of spades and Judas Priest's British Steel. Can probably find them online

Also Motorhead - live fast, die old is a good one to watch, mainly following the band on the road.

Page: 1, 2  Next