Back
  Soothsayer - New single Cephalopod

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:28 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhGdD6RKaY

New track from Atmospheric Doom lads Soothsayer from the upcoming 7" vinyl split with Partholón, whose offering can be found here......

https://partholonian.bandcamp.com/album/all-we-are

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:10 am 

I'm really enjoying that. More of the same please. It fits perfectly with the track "Umpire" from the last record. Murky and claustrophobic - the feeling of being pulled underwater remains true on this one.

I heard Partholón play their track in the Roundy recently when they supported Ealadha. Deadly.

It'd be great to see these played at a show. Soothsayer and Partholón are both impressive live. Liam and Dan respectively are great frontmen.

Is there a physical copy of this available? A launch or anything?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:31 pm 

Cheers :)

There's a 7" vinyl with both tunes being printed right now which should be available real soon.

We both have Cork shows in the pipeline, but it's hard to picture a launch show at this stage. Both bands are pretty busy. I think there's a far too much happening locally right now to add another night to the mix. We may do a run of dates together, but it's a good bit down the road for now.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:05 pm 

*The Dead* wrote:
Cheers :)

There's a 7" vinyl with both tunes being printed right now which should be available real soon.

We both have Cork shows in the pipeline, but it's hard to picture a launch show at this stage. Both bands are pretty busy. I think there's a far too much happening locally right now to add another night to the mix. We may do a run of dates together, but it's a good bit down the road for now.

What he said.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 am 

good stuff lads, few gigs abroad too, fair play

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:53 pm 

04325613 wrote:
good stuff lads, few gigs abroad too, fair play

Cheers fella. Took a while to get off the island. Hopefully I don't drink all the whiskey and try to play in my underpants.....

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:33 pm 

This band had slipped under the radar until I got given a cd today by a band member while out shopping with the family. It sounds very promising and I'll be keeping a closer eye on them. Very well crafted stuff.

Philanthropy clearly works. As does wearing your necro metal gear on all occasions!