Back
  Circle of Dawn

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am 

Anyone here familiar with these lads from Finland? Their album, Northern Savonian Black Metal, is a winner and gets regular plays over here. Aggressive but incredibly melodic/triumphant BM from Finland. It has a far right leaning that will naturally be divisive but, man, it's some of the catchiest black metal I've heard recently. It's got quite a punk streak in places that really shines through in the sheer spite of delivery.

https://youtu.be/rMT3QjBAMck

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:18 am 

Cool band alright, rickety and triumphant which is a weird combo but works well for them. Love their logo with the rooster-fish, typical Finnish sense of humour.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:25 am 

Rickety is a good way to describe them alright. Rooster fish? I don't get the reference but the artwork is cool.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 am 

A local delicacy it seems.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... YXPHd_Dycc

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:30 am 

Hah, well that was unexpected!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am 

I must admit that I don't share your enthusiasm. They have all the elements in which I would normal want in that style but on first spin I just found it all a bit boring to be honest.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:04 pm 

I love this album, one of my favs from last year, aggressive and catchy , pictures in the vinyl inlay are a laugh

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:00 am 

Eoin McLove wrote:
Rickety is a good way to describe them alright. Rooster fish? I don't get the reference but the artwork is cool.

It's suppose to be some sort of Finnish joke that refers to Savonians people.

I enjoyed the demo but the full length is even better. Patiently awaiting the vinyl repress. I have the logo tank top in white if anyone is interested in buying it because I would prefer the black one which of course was released two weeks after I ordered the white one it's brand and has never been worn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:37 pm 

This came up next on my YouTube play list. What an album. Darker Than Black have their finger on the pulse lately.