Back
  Download festival

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm 

How come that the entire event is such a TV pariah? All the other two bob events during the summer get major billing and live streaming but the premier UK metal festival gets a run out about a month after the event and maybe two tunes from the larger acts on sky arts.

If I missed some sort of streaming then obviously I’m an idiot and feel free to ignore the above.

(Ed) https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-a ... d-festival

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:36 pm 

They used to livestream Download but Andy Copping was crying about the cost of it & stopped livestreaming. Channel 4 covered it for a few years too. The sky arts footage is dreadful. It's too condensed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:56 pm 

Yeah tis a pity it's shipped off to a speciality platform and mediocre coverage then at that, anything to keep the mouldy rockers off the frontline channels I guess.

Heard it was a decent year sunshine & good sets, nice n handy to pop over to but haven't been in a few years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 pm 

Megalodon wrote:
Yeah tis a pity it's shipped off to a speciality platform and mediocre coverage then at that, anything to keep the mouldy rockers off the frontline channels I guess.

Heard it was a decent year sunshine & good sets, nice n handy to pop over to but haven't been in a few years.

Ah sure you couldn't go back to Download having been to European festivals at least u couldn't

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 am 

jonrhine wrote:
Ah sure you couldn't go back to Download having been to European festivals at least u couldn't

Only if they pulled something out of the bag I'd consider it ya :lol:

I mean ya know yerself, the overall value,other entertainment you're better off elsewhere you aren't tossed off the arena site at 11 o clock or rise at the crack of dawn if you don't want to miss certain bands not to mention bands get more favourable set times. Like 2 bands that played Download I notice Kreator got enough time for a whole 6 songs, while COC had did a whopping 4!! those bands they'll get closer to an hour pretty much everywhere else.

I'm a real believer in headliners don't have to make a mark with me when deciding a festival but in the case of Donington with the time structures allotted I would find it hard with the costs involved to wander there without liking 2/3 heads.