Back
  Deicide- Overtures of Blasphemy

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:52 pm 

Opinions, maaan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:42 pm 

I like that artwork. I wonder what sort of production has ended up on this. I hope the drums are not clicky click sounding. Can the 2 lads on guitar produce ripping solos?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:44 pm 

Stonebreaker wrote:
greaterfool wrote:
Good god the snobbishness about artwork on this site is unreal. Great artwork/ shit artwork nonsense. Same with the Morbid Angel thread a while back. It's like lads are waiting for a new album so they can be first to post an "artwork is shite" comment, quote some abstract reference to show how clever they are and feel smug about themselves. Get a life.

Well said.

Eoin McLove wrote:
Indeed, a metal forum where people discuss the various aspects of a metal release. Pure snobbishness.

There is a difference between a discussion and comments like 'cover art is shit' 'Last few albums are shit'. Real insightful discussion.

Everything that could ever be said has been said about Deicide at this stage. They've some great early albums, some dodgy middle of the road ones, one absolute stormer that they've failed to come anywhere near since which makes it look like a fluke.

There's no single available, there's no track listing on the article (found one here, the new guitarists seem like more hired guns and aren't going to bring much to the table. All there is, is the artwork, which looks well done but also flat, lifeless and like a bunch of unfinished pieces thrown together.

I think everyone would be happy enough if they manage to catch lightning in a bottle again but who really has their hopes up?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:02 pm 

greaterfool wrote:
Good god the snobbishness about artwork on this site is unreal. Great artwork/ shit artwork nonsense. Same with the Morbid Angel thread a while back. It's like lads are waiting for a new album so they can be first to post an "artwork is shite" comment, quote some abstract reference to show how clever they are and feel smug about themselves. Get a life.

Another fucking idiot. Great point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm 

How dare people hurt Deicide’s and/or their fans’ and/or Zbiegniew Bielak’s feelings?

HOW VERY DARE THEY?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:34 pm 

Anyone familiar with Bielak's work will have come to expect a particular standard (whether you are a fan of his style or not) and this simply looks weak and rushed compared with his other work. Also, it is just a rake of stuff jumbled together. A grand doodle but nothing more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:45 pm 

A duckydoodleface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:37 am 

Circlepit wrote:
I like that artwork. I wonder what sort of production has ended up on this. I hope the drums are not clicky click sounding. Can the 2 lads on guitar produce ripping solos?

Suecof almost exclusively does metalcore, and he's bloody good at it, so it'll be modern and slicker than a wet eel.

While I'm a massive fan of his work as a producer, its not a style I would have associated with Deicide. Could be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:17 am 

Leather Mike wrote:
Circlepit wrote:

Suecof almost exclusively does metalcore, and he's bloody good at it, so it'll be modern and slicker than a wet eel.

He's done the last few Death Angel records and, yeah, it's pretty much as you'd expect; big and 'digital'-sounding. I can't see it working and it seems like maybe their hand was forced and they had to go with a local option?

As for Deicide, I got burned with 'Til Death...' and that was an abysmal record. It'll take high praise for me to give this new one any time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:24 pm 

new song,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=8KUTDs17B_o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:09 pm 

Not bad. It's very energetic and there are some nice solos scattered throughout. Not into the plastic sounding drums and I think Benton could ramp up the demonics in his vocals to make it sound more evil, but it's decent enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:28 pm 

Melodic arpeggios and sweeps have no place in Deicide for me..... pass.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm 

Riffs rejected by Obituary. Weak as piss. Grand, saves me money not buying it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:24 pm 

It’s not bad but not bad isn’t going to make me but it either. Maybe there is more to it. We will see.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:30 pm 

Better than i expected.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next