Back
  Metallica - Slane - Saturday 8th June 2019

Page: Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm 

“More moaning about mongos at gigs, started by one of the biggest mongos on the forum”

Being a mongo on the forum is completely different to being a mongo at a gig.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:06 am 

i think the fact that there's little mention of it being Metallica or their ilk is a good indication that it might well happen. Quite a few of the people I'd be friendly with in the business are utterly stonewalling me on this, which invariably means tehy DO know something and cant say.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:35 am 

I know a lot of people who just go to Slane because it's Slane and no other reason, and I would be 100% sure they wouldn't go to that lineup. I can't see it happening but how and ever, anythings possible.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:58 am 

So if it is Slane, whats the best way to get to the gig? Take one of the buses that are put on or drive up and use the car park?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:38 pm 

Camp. seriously. whether you car or bus it, if you try to do a one-dayer on it you'll be HOURS getting away after it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm 

Didn't realise Slane had camping facilities. PErsonaly id rather bugger off straight after rather than lie in a tent in 6 inches of mud surrounded by drunken twats

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:46 pm 

kunt 4 life wrote:
So if it is Slane, whats the best way to get to the gig? Take one of the buses that are put on or drive up and use the car park?

The lads travelling by bus from Limerick last year had a torrid time of it. Missed half of GnR and didn't get back to Limerick until around 7am the following morning. Driver got lost on the way back so they ended up back in Slane 2 hours after leaving there or something like that :lol:

Myself and the wife drove and parked up and it was grand. Meant we had to leave during the encore to beat the rush as herself didn't want to be trying to drive out of the field while car/busses are slip-sliding around on muddy tracks after all the rain. But you could hear things grand from the road anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:38 pm 

Drive and leave during Sandman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm 

But then youd miss seek and destroy which is probably the only reason id go in the first place..!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 pm 

Yer man out of Sweet Savage will be getting ready for "Killing Time" again and Hetfield can call him Roy instead of Ray lol

(although to be fair Sweet Savage were the first band ever to set foot on a Slane stage as far as I know)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 am 

Odds on the expected anouncment will be coldplay or radiohead.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:36 am 

Oskorei wrote:
Odds on the expected anouncment will be coldplay or radiohead.

Henry Mountcharles has said the act has never played Slane before. Coldplay have and all the bookies still have them as a favourite.
Work that one out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 am 

If it is Metallica will defiantly be hiring a camper van and staying over night. Getting out after GnR was a complete nightmare.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:40 pm 

We got out fine after Guns n Roses but we did leave during encore along with hundreds if others. Not ideal but I was on to the motorway in no time... so for me it was the right choice. I dont even want to imagine Metallica playing there. Croke or Aviva hopefully if it has to be outdoors.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm 

maggotmoore wrote:
Henry Mountcharles has said the act has never played Slane before.

Muse (with a 'strong' i.e. popular support line-up) would be my bet.

Page: Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next