<  Music Gear  ~  Sticker Vinyls on Guitars, NEED ADVISE!

foster
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting a new guitar and want to do a custom finish by putting a Vinyl Sticker on the front.

Has anyone ever done this before, i want it to be permanent and don't want it rubbing away or peeling etc.

What kinda of material is the best for this thing, plastic based?

and has anyone ever gloss coated the guitar after applying sticker? i thought that might be an idea.

I'm just looking for some idea's off people, thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Doctor J
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quote
It's seldom you'll find a sticker that won't leave a stain on a poly finish if left on over a long period of time. For a start, the adhesive can interact with the finish, chemically, and alter the colour. Your guitar will naturally change colour over time too, clear poly tends to turn yellow over time, anything under a sticker will not age in the same way.
ratballs
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quote
you can get this stuf from any art shop its called 'spraymount' spray it on both sides of the sticker or vinal and place it on the guitar. it wont wreck the finish and you can easily remove it again with nail varnish remover its the best option i do it and it never peals