Page 5 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

<  Music Gear  ~  Guitarists - What's your weapon of choice?

thefamilyghost
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 2042 Location: In a dream or nightmare,where love gives way to hate...
trackmixstudio wrote:
thefamilyghost wrote:

Your PRS Michael is much nicer to play than the ESP,easier on the shoulders too I might add.

Of course both fall short when compared to my Strat Wink

I have no idea how your strat sounds like that Shocked
Never heard that sort of tone from a strat before and probably never will again. You probably preferred the PRS because the neck is quite similar to a start neck.

I'd love to think its because of my magic fingers,alas you've seen and heard me playing so that wont wash!
Yeah the PRS did feel more strat -like for the short time I used it,i had to put it down though as the strat was looking and I thought I saw a teardrop. Laughing
Taranis
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:11 am Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Jun 2005 Posts: 1901 Location: Inis, An ClŠr/Cambridge, UK/Heidelberg, Germany
I'm in the market for a new guitar after a long hiatus of playing, it is wrecking my head! I'm thinking of getting a Gibson SG, but I may be swayed by a Jackson or Ibanez yet.
Best guitar I've owned was a lovely sunburst 40th anniversary Strat, got it for Ä200, which was an absolute steal. Actually, it was literally a steal, the cops came and took it back from me a week after I'd bought it, the fucking thing was hot. Ah well.
Leather Mike
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 am Reply with quote
Shit buzz man, thatís harsh!

My current favoured gun is my Ibanez SZ320. Duncan/Ibanez hybrid pickups (which are a far cry from the usually not-so-hot ďDuncan designedĒ ones found on new Ibanezís) 3-piece Maple and Bubinga neck, neck-thru body, mahogany body with a maple top, and strung through the body. The string-through compared with the neck-thru means it sustains FOREVER.

Itís unlike any Ibanez Iíve ever played, as I normally have no time for Ibanez, but this thing feels (and looks) more like a Schecter or a PRS. Itís ostensibly a superstrat-esque shape, but itís beefy, and man, the thing weighs a fucking ton!! The neck is quite wide and the profile of it isnít too dissimilar to a LP neck, so itís familiar territory for my grubby mitts. Absolutely delightful. Got it and a hardshell case as a straight trade for a white Epi Les Paul, so I think I did rather well.

Terry and Poley can vouch for how lethal this guitar is Laughing

Here's an odd one for yiz though. The scale length is neither 24.75 nor 25.5, but 25.1. I've never encountered this before. It doesn't make a wile pile of difference to me, it just strikes me as unusual. Anyone ever seen this before?
constant
Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Oct 2005 Posts: 758 Location: Stupid username I know, cant be arsed changing it now.

Thats mah baby. 2000 Korean Epi LP.

Gibson PAF's, Der Jung tuners & Schaller strap locks.

Had it since I was 18, love it. May buy a Strat, ESP, or Gibson SG in the future, but am never selling the Epi cos I just love it. Smile
thefamilyghost
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 2042 Location: In a dream or nightmare,where love gives way to hate...
been drooling over this of late.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_blacktop_stratocaster_hh_mn_bk.htm
chewy
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Gordon Smith Graduate - matt black with Bareknuckle Nailbombs

(picture has BKP Miracle Mans)
Mazzy Maz
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Sep 2008 Posts: 1661 Location: http://bit.ly/QahY0C
sweet rig. do the bareknuckles live up to the hype?
chewy
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah definitely lots of harmonics. I didn't get on with the Miracle Mans - they seemed to lack in bass when played through the Marshall.
skadk666
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 2748 Location: Ah hayer, leave it bleedin ouh!
Anybody heard the Bareknuckle Aftermaths yet? Theirs a couple of vids on youtube and i got sent a couple of samples from Bareknuckle, sound AMAZING, think ill be saving up for a set for my 7 string!
Frodijr
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote
ESP Ltd M-250
Zoom G1XN Multi-effect
Peavey Practice - 10 watts Embarassed

Hopefully I'll be getting a new 50 watt this xmas Very Happy
constant
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Oct 2005 Posts: 758 Location: Stupid username I know, cant be arsed changing it now.
@ Chewy - that Gordon Smith is fucking gorgeous.
chewy
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if you can see from the picture but the binding is wood (similar to PRS). The Nailbombs I have in it now don't have covers so it looks a bit different.
All I Had I Gave
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
chewy wrote:
I'm not sure if you can see from the picture but the binding is wood (similar to PRS). The Nailbombs I have in it now don't have covers so it looks a bit different.

Nice to see someone using proper size picks and a THD Hotplate too Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bobo
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
my gibson robot les paul..

it has an ebony neck just like any les paul custom, the robot tuning is useful, i don't use it much but it's useful in studio for quick tuneups or when i'm arseing about on it at home.. i got it mainly because they sound a bit different to a les paul standard, there's a bit more high mid/ treble response due to the ebony neck and there's tonnes more sustain than a standard or custom, i'm thinking its because of the tuning system on the back of the headstock adding weight to the neck and increasing the balance and resonance

the pickups that came with it were good.. the stock gibson 490r/498t's you get on a lot of the studios and standards, i prefer the lower output humbuckers like burstbuckers to allow guitar's natural sound to come through so i switched them out for a set of bareknuckle mules.. amazing pickups. guitar sounds amazing now
thefamilyghost
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quote
http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_american_special_strat_hss_rw.htm

Good price for an American strat. Still about 800 more than I can spare mores the pity Sad