Page 8 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

<  MI Users Confront The Wider World  ~  Smartphone & tablet technology

Henry Chinaski
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
thinking about getting a HTC Sensation.

Any reason not to?

Also, Meteor seems to have the best value plans even accounting for the fact most of my friends are on vodafone.

any reason to avoid them?
Bane
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Henry Chinaski wrote:
thinking about getting a HTC Sensation.

Yes. The Galaxy Nexus is coming to Vodafone next month.
stabmasterarson
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
My N8 is fucked for internet since some symbian update...have to send it back to Nokia...was a great phone up until the fucked update!
cunt
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quote
i love my iphone but the battery life is complete shit(3gs) is the 4 any better or is there an android phone available with way better battery.... im constantly on the net so need to ugrade soon. sick to death of having to charge up everywhere i go
mb502
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
If you're using 3g most of the time when you're browsing then the battery life in the Iphone 4 isn't much better. Its probably been slightly improved on the 4S model.
Nekroculchie
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote
My knowledge of smartphones is abysmal so maybe someone here can help me out.
My girlfriend has recently got a Samsung Galaxy Ace on Meteor as pay as you go. Does this have much anti-virus/malware or other internet security on it or do you have to download that?
alsvartr666
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Nekroculchie wrote:
My girlfriend has recently got a Samsung Galaxy Ace on Meteor as pay as you go. Does this have much anti-virus/malware or other internet security on it or do you have to download that?

You shouldn't have a problem, but download 'Lookout Security' from the Android Market. It's a great app that can scan your phone and its content for viruses and malware.
Tezcatlipoca
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 1510 Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands
My contract is up in March and I'm ditching the iPhone as I absolutely hate it. I'm planning on a Samsung Galaxy SII through Tesco as it's only just over 20 a month (!) for a 24 month contract and the amount of minutes and texts that contract comes with suits me perfectly. Can't wait to get my hands on it. This'll be my first experience with Android and I'm really looking forward to seeing it in action.
RobMcS
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Jan 2009 Posts: 503 Location: in my kingdom cold...
Tezcatlipoca wrote:
My contract is up in March and I'm ditching the iPhone as I absolutely hate it. I'm planning on a Samsung Galaxy SII through Tesco as it's only just over 20 a month (!) for a 24 month contract and the amount of minutes and texts that contract comes with suits me perfectly. Can't wait to get my hands on it. This'll be my first experience with Android and I'm really looking forward to seeing it in action.

I have the SII with about 6 months now and it's a fantastic phone bar the odd instance of freezing/unexpected reboot and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. However since your contract isnt up til March I'd advise you to maybe hold on for a while to see if a release date and specs for the SIII are announced. It's definitely coming out in 2012, just a matter of what month. That's what I would do in your positon anyway.
RobMcS
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Jan 2009 Posts: 503 Location: in my kingdom cold...
Nekroculchie wrote:

You can download AVG Antivirus from the Android Market for free.
Tezcatlipoca
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 1510 Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands
RobMcS wrote:
Tezcatlipoca wrote:

I have the SII with about 6 months now and it's a fantastic phone bar the odd instance of freezing/unexpected reboot and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. However since your contract isnt up til March I'd advise you to maybe hold on for a while to see if a release date and specs for the SIII are announced. It's definitely coming out in 2012, just a matter of what month. That's what I would do in your positon anyway.

I'll definitely be looking in the market for newer phones when March comes around. The 20 a month pricetag is extremely tempting as it is but we'll see if I can get a bargain on an SIII somehow. My preferable limit for spending is about 25 a month. Maybe I'll find something where I can spend about 100 on the phone up front and pay around that amount per month for the rest of the contract or something.
Nekroculchie
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Cheers for the virus/malware info lads.
spoderman01
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Having a bad auld run of it lately.

Galaxy S died on me during a firmware upgrade around the start of December but Fonemenders had it flashed within an hour. Back up and running now but due an upgrade in Feb from 3 so might chance the SII or switch to an iPhone.

Archos 101 16gb died the week. No idea what happened to it, just wouldn't switch on. Sent back to Amazon for full refund so now in the market for something similar...preferably with USB ports...if anyone has any suggestions of mid-table priced replacements.
Hellbound lifer
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Jun 2005 Posts: 444 Location: Kells,Co.na Mhi / Miami
Looks like there will be alot of used and cheap Galaxy S devices on the market very soon

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-s-phones-ice-cream-sandwich-update-2011-12
spoderman01
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
Picked up a samsung galaxy tab. It rocks. Spent the last 3 hours with it. Still not bored.