<  Festivals - FAQs, Info & Resource  ~  Heavy Days In Doomtown - Copenhagen, May 2012

Bane
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Pagan Altar fit into the "multiple times" category for Jonathan!
Prolonged Spumesence
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jun 2005 Posts: 3915 Location: Bloody Pit of Horror
Very Happy
Padre Pio
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 May 2007 Posts: 6867 Location: The great omnipotent goat sits on the pentagram
Opolus wrote:
Padre Pio wrote:
jedifart wrote:
Worship added too!

One of the worst bands I've had the displeasure of witnessing. They should most certainly have called it a day when Max killed himself.

Exactly!! Think their early output is fucking awesome and some of the few worthwile recordings within that so-called Funeral Doom hybrid! Saw them live a couple of years ago at their first proper gig (post-Max, of course) and in hindsight, I would've rather watched a squirrel taking a crap...

Was that gig at the Ashes to Ashes Fest in Arnhem, or was that not their first ever gig?

It was one of their first anyway, and I was it it. Worship were painfully bad. I can't play guitar, don't have a musical ear and don't know how to tune instruments, but I could have got their guitars more in tune than I could have. Muppets!

I don't know who wrote the early material in the band, but even if it was written by Daniel the actual essence of the band was Max.

As you say, all the stuff with Max was brilliant.
Opolus
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 May 2011 Posts: 712 Location: Ruhrpott-Hell, Deutschland
Bane wrote:
I'm pretty sure Pagan Altar fit into the "multiple times" category for Jonathan!

Nah, I surely got that, was just referring to the fact that I think there is no such thing as seeing PA too often/multiple times one time too many, you know!? Wink
Opolus
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 May 2011 Posts: 712 Location: Ruhrpott-Hell, Deutschland
Padre Pio wrote:
Was that gig at the Ashes to Ashes Fest in Arnhem, or was that not their first ever gig?

It was one of their first anyway, and I was it it. Worship were painfully bad. I can't play guitar, don't have a musical ear and don't know how to tune instruments, but I could have got their guitars more in tune than I could have. Muppets!

I don't know who wrote the early material in the band, but even if it was written by Daniel the actual essence of the band was Max.

As you say, all the stuff with Max was brilliant.

Exactly that gig! Although I don't see stuff like WORSHIP as proper live music anyway, it certainly fell short of even the slightest expectations, plus when some folks in the audience chanted "Maaax" in between songs after realising how shitty the gig turned out, the band wasn't too amused either! Laughing From what I've read it actually was the Doomonger writing most of the music, but you can never underestimate the (dare I say spiritual) chemistry within a band, which evokes or amplifies a certain mood, frame of mind and whatnot and that CERTAINLY got lost when FUMM died! Personally thinking he did a good job with "Dooom", trying to save the last remaining recordings, while adding new stuff, as that album was planned back then anyway, even before Max's Canadian adventure vacation.
TemplarOfSteel
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 Posts: 7264 Location: High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
Opolus wrote:
Bane wrote:

Nah, I surely got that, was just referring to the fact that I think there is no such thing as seeing PA too often/multiple times one time too many, you know!? Wink

Correct.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Moor
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Aug 2010 Posts: 159 Location: Land of coal and steel, poets and thinkers and Rudi Völler
Ocen Chief, Profetus + Jess and the Ancient Ones confirmed.
Moor
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Aug 2010 Posts: 159 Location: Land of coal and steel, poets and thinkers and Rudi Völler
Quote:
HDDT is extremely proud and honoured to present the very first European show ever of Oakland sludge masters NOOTHGRUS!

AGGGHHH. Shocked
Scrawled
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Cough now confirmed also.
Corrupted
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
Fuck it would be cool to see Noothgrush. I'd consider a trip to England to see them if they tour.
Bane
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I’m afraid Pagan Altar will reluctantly have to pull out of the HDDT fest and all immediate gigs for the foreseeable future.
My daughter is due to have major heart surgery with complications, which of course takes precedence over everything, as we have no idea how this will pan out. This has been ongoing for a few weeks now and although Al and I have been under a tremendous strain we have tried to fulfil our commitments as much as we could before finally having to call a halt!
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to those that have made arrangements and expense to see us and hopefully at some stage we can pick up the pieces and make it up to you!

Alan and Terry Jones (Pagan Altar).