Page 7 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

<  Music Gear  ~  Guitarists - What's your weapon of choice?

trackmixstudio
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Here are the studio's ESP Custom Shop Eclipse and ESP MI STD I mentioned earlier. They are both amazing guitars!

Leather Mike
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote
thought i'd give this a bit of a bump as my opnion on my favourite guitar (note i'm saying favourite, not best) has significantly changed. For all that I've always been a Les Paul hound, the only guitars in my collection that see any use these days are my KH202 and my MIJ RR3. Never ever thought a strat-shaped guitar would be my number one gun, but there ye go.

Any one else done that? Played one particular style/brand for years, then happened across somethign else on a whim and completely changed their affiliation?
Hauk
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 641 Location: Na Sceiri, gContae Fhiongail.
My yoke. 2002(according to the serial number) Epi LP Custom with Gibson pickups. Love it to bits:

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~hauk/Images/IMAG0060.jpg
Leather Mike
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
That's a beauty. Whip thon scratchplate off though!!

What pickups did you put in 'er? Love open-coils in a LP!
Hauk
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 641 Location: Na Sceiri, gContae Fhiongail.
Oh thanks. Smile I actually got it second hand with the pickups in it. Apparently they're Gibson ('Classic' rings a bell) 57's. And I like the scratchplate Razz I don't play it as much as I would like to unfortunately. Lovely tone out of it.
Incarnadine86
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 May 2010 Posts: 606 Location: http://soundcloud.com/lukegeoghegan1
I've got a fair few guitars but nothing ever feels as good to play as my American standard Fender Stratocastor, its just a thing of beauty to play suits me perfectly, have a one of those Seymour Duncan double wound single coil pick ups in the bridge to add some versatility, not a screaming demon but pretty high gain, love the guitar to bits, second hand from 1994 I think!
Still love some of guitar arm candy I have though, the fender just knows I'll be going home to her in the end! Love this one quite a bit too....

fonniewhelan
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
These are my axes...an Ibanez JS1000, an EBMM JP6 and an ESP LTD EC1000CTM...these are all keepers...I love 'em!

Leather Mike
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
fonniewhelan wrote:
These are my axes...an Ibanez JS1000, an EBMM JP6 and an ESP LTD EC1000CTM...these are all keepers...I love 'em!

That EC1000 is a fucking monster. Absolutely beautiful guitars. I still sometimes look at ESP Eclipses and think "should i REALLY have bought a Gibson"

though in fairness, i ineveitably say "aye" after playing it again Laughing
fonniewhelan
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it's a super guitar...the LTD Deluxe range is superb for the money. Dream to play and sounds huge with that big lump of mahogany.
evil crawling i
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Currently playing a 2003 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Custom. It's my baby. Best guitar I've ever owned. Recently picked up an ESP LTD Snakebyte in black. It's fucking huge sounding, I've never been a fan of EMGs, but they just sing in the Snakebyte. Crunch for miles too.
spoderman01
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I know there's a fair to middling chance I'll get taken apart over this but fuck it.....

I love this guitar and as soon as I have 800 quid lying around, it'll be winging it's way over to me

http://www.thomann.de/ie/bc_rich_draco_ghost_flame_ltd.htm
Tezcatlipoca
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 1510 Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands
This aul thing:

That's a pic before I modded it. It has an GFS Crunchy Rails pickup in the bridge now. It's the only working pickup in it as I've disabled the others, haha. I've installed a tremol-no in it to help move it between dive-only and hardtail mode effortlessly too.

I use a Morpheus Droptune pedal too so I don't have to fiddle about with downtuning the guitar itself beyond Drop-D. I also use a Toneport and Behringer Truth active monitor speakers.

I plan on replacing the neck pickup with a hotrails or equivalent.

It's mainly for practice. That Morpheus Droptune has gotten some negative reviews on the web but they're all based on its original firmware. Since upgrading I can't hear any latency and when dropped to B, I can't hear the difference between it and any tracks I play along to (or even my old 7-string).
skadk666
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 2748 Location: Ah hayer, leave it bleedin ouh!
At the moment my main guitars are two 7 strings...

This Ibanez RG7621 with BKP Aftermath in the bridge and Dimarzio Blaze in the neck position. Absolutely killer guitar and a dream to play!

And I also have an RG7321(Which now also has a BKP Aftermath in the bridge in White) for backup. Not as high in quality as the 7621 but still an awesome guitar!

And I will soon be the owner of this beauty...

Its a Schecter Blackjack SLS C-8 - Their new Slim Line Series 8 String, thing is a beast!
Incarnadine86
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
Joined: 26 May 2010 Posts: 606 Location: http://soundcloud.com/lukegeoghegan1
This is my 7 string here, theres such a feel of quality in the guitar its unbelievable love the feel of the neck, thing is heavy as fuck too, wish I had more of an excuse to play it in a jamming setting to be honest!

I actually only started listening to the Deftones after I bought it, hadn't a clue whos guitar it was, it just looked mean and played meaner!
Leather Mike
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
that one of them special 7-strings with a spare string? Razz