<  The Irish Metal Forum  ~  Argus- Boldly Stride the Doomed.

Eoin McLove
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 15482 Location: In the village by the hangman's bay.
What an absolutely savage album! Epic heavy metal to die for from start to finish. It brings to mind Iron Maiden, Candlemass, Solitude Gayturnus and Solstice to these earballs and Butch Balich's vocal performance is spellbinding- power, class and grit in spades. Anyone who argues is a false and shall be pointed at and pilloried in the streets. Worship and obey, fools!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miotal Trom
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jun 2005 Posts: 2740 Location: Massacre on the Frontline
Yup. As I said on FB, one of the finest heavy metal albums I've heard in years. Butch Balich's vocals are indeed top notch stuff, and great musicianship from the rest of the boyos. The cover of Róisín Dubh on the vinyl version is excellent too! Really looking forward to seeing 'em at Dublin Doom Days.
Padre Pio
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 May 2007 Posts: 6867 Location: The great omnipotent goat sits on the pentagram
Yeah, top notch doom tinged heavy metal and, as stated, brilliant vocals. One of those bands that deserve to multiply their sales figures by 50.
nar marratuk
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 6852 Location: carrigaline,GOTHAM CITY
Check out the first album too Andy if you already haven't not to mention the "sleeping dogs" ep. Loved the first album alot but "boldly.." is definitely a step up. If you like epic doomy heavy metal music this is essential....Brian's vocals are just brilliant. Also the cover of "roisin dubh" is fantastic.
GOLIATH
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
GREAT ALBUM. HAVE HEARD THEY'RE UNMISSABLE LIVE TOO

Razz
nar marratuk
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Deffo won't be missing them Mark!!!
Eoin McLove
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah the first one is deadly too, Pat. Must grab the 10" from The Woidz.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crow
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jun 2005 Posts: 7878 Location: Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bok
Padre Pio wrote:
Yeah, top notch doom tinged heavy metal and, as stated, brilliant vocals. One of those bands that deserve to multiply their sales figures by 50.

I absolutely agree with you. Just listening to the second album now, and I think the Mastodon,Sword etc kids could really get into this band if they got the exposure.

I enjoy both the albums,but 'Boldly...' is where it's at for me. I've yet to hear the EP,mind.

The musicianship on this album is thrilling and metal to the bone. Every riff drips with Maiden/Solitude Aeternus/Candlemass classicism, but they certainly have their own identity. From the moment 'A Curse On the World' bursts through the speakers,you're onto a winner.

Balich's vocals are incredible throughout, he's really a great singer. He actually has a bit of pedigree behind him too. He sings on a few Penance albums, including 'Proving Ground', which is my personal favorite of theirs.

Lucky lads getting to see them at the Doom Days. With Solstice and Procession also in tow, you'll have a metal overdose. Smashing.
Andy82
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Solitude Gayturnus!!!

You sir can go fuck yourself and I am checking this band out not because of your comments but those below it and because they sound like id like them.

Solitude Gayturnus pft its enough to make one sick such word play.
Eoin McLove
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
You sound like fun. Maybe we could hook up and listen to Solitude Gayturnus together while fingering each other's anuses. What colour are your eyes?
Andy82
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Jeasus man you just made a pass at a 12 year old (internet years). So yea where we going to do this.
Eoin McLove
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
You win.
nar marratuk
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Album number 3 on the way.....

Very Happy

http://www.ztmag.com/blog/news/?p=8328