Page 10 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

<  Gig Discussion  ~  Siege of LimerickVII - TODAY - free

Miotal Trom
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jun 2005 Posts: 2740 Location: Massacre on the Frontline
Laughing Do tell more Crunch!

Disappointed I couldn't make it down to this due to moving house at the weekend. Sounds like it was a cracker.
open face surgery
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Jun 2005 Posts: 7315 Location: ...from the east and to the WESHT
Crunch wrote:
The Siege is really becoming something special (or perhaps it always was).

Yep, it always was. The lads have done great things and it's always mighty craic playing Limerick.
dr.gonzo
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
still in bits after this. Altar of plagues were amazing as was everyone else. Great night roll on the next one.
Mazzy Maz
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Sep 2008 Posts: 1661 Location: http://bit.ly/QahY0C
Great day, still in bits.

I reckon the Siege is really beginning to take on a life of its own now, fair play TJ and Ciaran.
Slaughterday
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Went a bit loopy after Arsenal won, but remember being very impressed with Valborg, caught some of Zom's set too, AoP were excellent, just a deadly day overall.

And Martin you were right - Dirty Diamonds are class!
if6was9
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone who came along for such a fun day.

I didn't get to see as much of the music as I'd hoped since I was running around sorting out gear and all that. Only got to see 2-3 songs of most bands until the upstairs ended.

From what I saw I was especially impressed with SODB, Them Martyrs, Three Hour Ceasefire and thought Celtachor did a great job of playing such a late slot. I really enjoyed trashcanned too, cheesy but it was fun! There wasn't a single band that I saw that didn't put on a good show though.

Huge thanks to Martin and Kev from Three Hour, Dan from only Fumes and Dave from Dark Matter for the use of their gear on both stages throughout the day. All the people who worked the Merch stall too deserve a big thanks.

Looking forward to the next one already!
Tonytonytony
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Ciaran is your amp ok?
Bad Reputation
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone from here who made it to this, it was a great success. Great bands and great crowds all day. A full house for AOP as well, awesome stuff. As well as the lads Ciaran thanked i'd like to thank crunch and all the others who organised buses from all around the country.

Great craic all day, did the whole day sober myself, interesting experience, especially at half two in the morning talking to certain people who had been been drinking since noon ha ha.

We'll be continuing with this two a year format till Siege X for sure, after that we'll see how we're feeling. Next one is on the 28th of October, should have some announcements mid summer.
Bludgeoning
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Dec 2006 Posts: 1483 Location: Chubby Mature Tube
I was unable to stay for the entire day but from what I watched, I really enjoyed. Psychosis were really energetic, wouldn't be the biggest thrash fan but they were so into it and it showed. SODB were just filthy, great to see killer vocals from Irene! Rites blew me away, so heavy & just suffocating. Three hour ceasefire were great also, packed enough house for them! Thanks to the organisers for having us down, we had so much fun, our new material went down a treat!
We're back in Limerick on the 5th May @ The Blind Pig for anyone who enjoyed what the saw from us!
cclad16
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote
Only managed to catch Valborg,Dark Matter,Celtachor and Sirocco!Dark Matter were very surprising,would like to see them again.It's getting bigger and better every time but i'd love to have another siege in Bakers!!Or if the April Siege was on in the Stables again!The one last April in there was the best Siege imo.
if6was9
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:45 am Reply with quote
Gonna keep it in Dolans from now on for several reasons.
They've got 2 really good fully functioning venues, with sound engineers and lighting crew. The stables needed to have the stage, lighting and sound all set up that morning and taken apart the next day with gear hired and a small crew of helpers. It makes a huge difference to not have to worry about that side of things and the expense of it.

Dolans are fantastic to work with and help us out whatever way they can with running the Siege and on the day understand the kind of things we do at metal gigs like moshing and being super drunk but not wrecking the place.
Panopticon
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
Great day. The Siege just gets better and better. Highlights for me included Zealot Cult and AoP. Both were outstanding. All the bands I saw were top notch to be honest, no dross. Very disappointed with myself that I missed FTBOA - not sure what happened, they were one of my must see bands as I enjoy the album and wanted to see how it'd work live.

Fair play to TJ and Ciaran and all those those involved.
Tonytonytony
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
if6was9 wrote:
Dolans are fantastic to work with and help us out whatever way they can with running the Siege and on the day understand the kind of things we do at metal gigs like moshing and being super drunk but not wrecking the place.

I have to say the bouncers were gentlemen, Dolans is class venue for this
gab
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
cclad16 wrote:
... but i'd love to have another siege in Bakers!!Or if the April Siege was on in the Stables again!The one last April in there was the best Siege imo.

dolans was a brilliant venue for this. could not have been a better venue for a gig like this. 2 brilliant stages, roofed smoking area between both stages, quite front bar where good food was to be had. bakers wasn't a patch on that for such an event.
cclad16
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
gab wrote:
cclad16 wrote:
... but i'd love to have another siege in Bakers!!Or if the April Siege was on in the Stables again!The one last April in there was the best Siege imo.

dolans was a brilliant venue for this. could not have been a better venue for a gig like this. 2 brilliant stages, roofed smoking area between both stages, quite front bar where good food was to be had. bakers wasn't a patch on that for such an event.
Don't get me wrong,Dolans is a top notch venue!I wasn't complaining about it, just saying the Stables and Bakers were great venues and had some of the best Sieges.