Page 12 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

<  Music Gear  ~  Guitarists - What's your weapon of choice?

joshuaxiii
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
skadk666 wrote:
I've never had a good experience with the lower end BC Rich models, poor build quality, cheap parts. they feel really cheap to me

i play Virgo Celtics because no one else has them (around here) and i love them. i want to have custom models built - at least the guitar. i'm not aware of any that exist as of yet.

ragnarok
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I woke up in the afternoon yesterday and decided I'd be bollocksed for work today if I couldn't get any sleep last night, so I just stayed up through it.

So to keep my mind on something I rummaged around the house and found the biggest pile of shite going, took photos and fired it all on eBay.

The last time I used eBay in anger it was all waiting on cheques clearing, queues in the post office and all that shite.. Now with Paypal the money is instant and you just print out your labels on the site..

So after an all night trading session I turned a bunch of stuff I was gonna chuck out into 239.. So money I didn't know I had in the account and I decide to spend it.. Bought a 1997 Ibanez RG550 for 205 of it and went a got a Red Bull and a Maccy D's.

Fucking eBay, what a result!
skadk666
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 2748 Location: Ah hayer, leave it bleedin ouh!
Awesome! When will you be getting the guitar?
ragnarok
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Should be next week.. Had planned on building myself a very nice Strat or just buying an SG Standard but this will probably appease my guitar lust for now Smile

Not sure it will compare to my other Ibanez to be honest, but it's a stock FujiGen RG550.. you sort of NEED to own one.
skadk666
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
They are a guitar I would defo consider essential, if even just to have played once. Congrats anyway, deadly you where able to score it fairly cheap!
spoderman01
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
On the BC Richs, I had a Platinum Warlock and NJ Beast for a while. Neither was anything to write home about. I still have an NJ KKV that's pretty rocking though, even though it's only fitted with a pair of EMG HZ's.
pentagrimes
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Aug 2005 Posts: 5543 Location: as far away from you as humanly possible

Just picked up one of these lads. Delighted.
skadk666
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
pentagrimes wrote:

Just picked up one of these lads. Delighted.

Nice! Love Tele's myself and silverburst is such a strange colour to see on a Tele. Set ya back much?
pentagrimes
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Aug 2005 Posts: 5543 Location: as far away from you as humanly possible
A little shy of 500. Picking it up on Saturday, saw it in a shop, fell in love with it instantly and had the money.

I was reading up about them earlier, and apparently the silver burst ones were only made in a limited amount and there's only 46 between the UK and Ireland. Didn't realise that when I paid my deposit on it.
wizardinblack
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Nov 2011 Posts: 817 Location: Under a pointy hat.
Well Jamie - how are you getting on with her - have you gone all Danny Gatton on us yet? Shes a beaut!
skadk666
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
Went into town yesterday for some Sunday shopping, absolutely no intention whatsoever to buy anything related to guitars. Came home with this...

'89 USA Strat, refinished in white, original colour was candy apple red, pickups are some kind of Seymour Duncan's. Sounds amazing and the neck and frets are immaculate. Really didn't intend on buying a guitar but I just couldn't pass it up. In fact I could of owned an original Ibanez RG550 from the 80's but then saw this!
pentagrimes
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
wizardinblack wrote:
Well Jamie - how are you getting on with her - have you gone all Danny Gatton on us yet? Shes a beaut!

She's a beauty.

Clearly, I'm not using this guitar to play raging grindcore though Laughing It's perfect for the quieter stuff I do on my own, and I'm in the process of getting something more rocking together at the moment that doesn't involve tuning down to Z and it'll be perfect for that I think.

I've left the DeArmond tuned to B now as well as that has the perfect set up for that tuning and sounds great in it with or without distortion.

The Mockingbird I picked is doing grand for the more metallic end of things. Not sure I'd use it for anything else but it fits the bill fine for that.
DaveG
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ibanez RG550 from the 80's

Are these worth anything out of the ordinary? I have a 570EX from 1990 in good but not excellent nick.
skadk666
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
DaveG wrote:
Quote:
Ibanez RG550 from the 80's

Are these worth anything out of the ordinary? I have a 570EX from 1990 in good but not excellent nick.

Yeah they are quite popular. The one I was looking at was from 86/87 and was quite beat up but played perfectly. They guy was looking for 800 quid and wasn't moving on the price.

I dont know how to value them but if you head over to IbanezRules or Sevenstring.org someone may have more knowledge on them. Or you could email Ibanez themselves and ask about your particular model.
skadk666
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Just thought I'd share my current set up now that its complete!

Ibanez RG7621
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
'89 USA Fender Strat
ESP LTD B205SMFL Fretless 5 string bass

Hoping to add an 8 String in the next couple of months, just something cheap to give it a shot!