<  MI Users Confront The Wider World  ~  Alex Attwood gets tough

matty_the_emo_slayer
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
GOATLORD wrote:
Quote:
'nine vodkas for 9'
How excessive is it really? Are they full 35ml? Then for sake of argument for 9 you get 315ml of Vodka. I can go into a off license and buy 750ml of full strength vodka for 11. So how excessive is it really?

Well you'd probably be drinking that 10 glass over the course of a night at least, not hammering all 9 shots into you in the space of a minute at the bar so the person behind you can get served.
Shando
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote
Is that Spotlight episode on iPlayer at all?
boysetsdavies
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Dec 2005 Posts: 4241 Location: South West of England
The idea of imposing a tax or an outlaw on drink promos is stupid.

It's nothing more than a product of the "nanny state". Just because some cunt couldn't handle his drink, the rest suffer. Yeah, yeah it's awful the lad died, but it was his own doing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dark Stranger
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 14962 Location: Holding a fiery stride
I think people are blaming the drink too much here - he died via a stupid act that more than likely would have resulted in his death drunk or sober. Tap dancing on a cliff edge for example will probably kill you drunk or sober.
The Fires of Hell
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
Metalireland Joined: 03 Jun 2005 Posts: 7326 Location: learning the sacred words of praise hell satan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006v04h

'Drowning In Drink' is there for the next few days.
GOATLORD
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I read today there was consideration of closing the bridge down. The media still holding this up as a fault on the bridge - with no blame being apportioned to that kid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dread Pirate Sid
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Aye, here it is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17337757

DSD have decided not to close the bridge. But had a safety audit to cover their own ass.

It would be far easier to take a stagger off the Albert Bridge anyway, climbing and/or planking notwithstanding. The parapet is only about 3.5 feet high.
thejuice
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to sue the KBA
Eliminator
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I got stopped by the police one night for walking across that bridge naked after an all nighter in Yello.

edit- was more like the morning.
wez_wildheart
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Eliminator wrote:
I got stopped by the police one night for walking across that bridge naked after an all nighter in Yello.

You were in Yello. You then ended up naked? Is this a family friendly forum? I think you're leaving a lot of this story out Laughing
Eliminator
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:07 am Reply with quote
wez_wildheart wrote:
Eliminator wrote:

You were in Yello. You then ended up naked? Is this a family friendly forum? I think you're leaving a lot of this story out Laughing

Aye, was drinking Jager all day and night, always makes me streak. The cop wasn't too pleased when I gave him false information either.
ToxicTwin
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote
Classic. Laughing
Dread Pirate Sid
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Nordie types, I urge you to read the consultation document and fill in the online questionnaire on this here yoke:

http://www.dsdni.gov.uk/index/consultations/consultations-drinks-law-reform.htm

The powers that be have put Nelson McCausland (google him, he's wild good craic) in charge of the NI booze laws reform. Nelson is a fundamentalist orange creationist bible-molesting type, and I have a hunch that he's not too partial to a sesh. There's all kind of balls in the document about making you queue twice in supermarkets for booze like some pariah, for example, combined with sweeping generalisations about drinking culture (of which Nelson has no actual first-hand experience) all backed up with hokey shoe-horned statistics.

I would reckon that this well-informed MLA chappie shares the fundamentalist belief that alcohol is "the devil's buttermilk" or whatever, so his proposed changes are unlikely to be of over-riding benefit to the consumer of said liquor.

Worth a look and getting your say on the online questionnaire probably, if you believe in any of that democracy stuff.
alsvartr666
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Dread Pirate Sid wrote:
Nordie types, I urge you to read the consultation document and fill in the online questionnaire on this here yoke:

http://www.dsdni.gov.uk/index/consultations/consultations-drinks-law-reform.htm

The powers that be have put Nelson McCausland (google him, he's wild good craic) in charge of the NI booze laws reform. Nelson is a fundamentalist orange creationist bible-molesting type, and I have a hunch that he's not too partial to a sesh. There's all kind of balls in the document about making you queue twice in supermarkets for booze like some pariah, for example, combined with sweeping generalisations about drinking culture (of which Nelson has no actual first-hand experience) all backed up with hokey shoe-horned statistics.

I would reckon that this well-informed MLA chappie shares the fundamentalist belief that alcohol is "the devil's buttermilk" or whatever, so his proposed changes are unlikely to be of over-riding benefit to the consumer of said liquor.

Worth a look and getting your say on the online questionnaire probably, if you believe in any of that democracy stuff.

Done. I hate that fundamentalist fucknugget McCausland. We are honestly living in the dark ages with this bible-bashing, cunt fuck government.
Caller of the Black
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Jun 2005 Posts: 3115 Location: in cold water with disinfectant
We have some right tulips representing us down here, but none that believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. Ridiculous.